Massive PSN Sale Starts Tomorrow

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Massive PSN Sale Starts Tomorrow

If you have yet to pick up games like Costume Quest and Deathspank, here's your chance to get 'em cheap.

Shoppers on the PlayStation Network are in for a treat tomorrow. To celebrate the new year, Sony is slashing prices on some of the biggest PSN games, which adds up to some pretty big savings.

The sale, "11 for 2011" features - appropriately - 11 games on sale for a limited amount of time (ending on January 31st). Officially, the games will start selling at reduced prices tomorrow, but only for gamers in North America. No word yet on whether or not the sale will be extended to other territories. Here's the complete sale list:

? Costume Quest - $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
? Deathspank Thongs of Virtue - $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
? Hoard - $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
? Soldner-X2: Final Prototype - $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price
? MotorStorm 3D Rift - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Peggle - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Space Invaders Infinity Gene - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Swords and Soliders - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Tumble - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Comet Crash - $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
? Shatter - $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price

If you haven't picked it up yet, do yourself a favor and at least pick up Costume Quest.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Sober Thal said:
I already have Costume Quest (Great friggin game) and the others don't look that great.

Anyone else played and loved these other titles?
Shatter is a nice little breakout-esque game, but that's all I can really see that I'd think is worth it.

Being the absolute cheapass I am (and with good reason now as my wallet is parched for cash at the moment), I generally get games that are 75% off or so which is why STEAM is so awesome for me. I may consider Costume Quest or Space Invaders, though I doubt it.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Shatters a good one. Although I got it on steam for even cheaper.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I already have Costume Quest (Great friggin game) and the others don't look that great.

I played the demo for the first Deathspank, and it was horrible. Forced, painful humor and terrible combat, and considering the sorry state of Hack-and-slash ARPGs on the PS3, I'd be willing to accept almost anything, it was just too bad. Awesome theme song though.

Thongs of Virtue has a demo as well though, so you could check that out. Maybe it's better.

Even though it just came out, I kinda hope they put ME2 on sale. $60 is expensive for a full game on the PSN (Prototype is $30), and I can't imagine going to the store and buying 3 Psn cards just to get it.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Eri said:
Shatters a good one. Although I got it on steam for even cheaper.
I was going to say that myself, though frankly with that game's soundtrack, 20$ would be a steal.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Wow, of all the games I am interested in on PSN I don't care about any of those.

By the way "massive" sales of only 11 games? At a mere 50% off? Steam 3 to four times per year has sales with HUNDREDS of games with 66% to 75% off!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This sale couldn't be considered Massive if the PS3 only had 50 games. Why not like Stardust HD, or Zombie Nation? They're missing out on great games to put on sale here.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Figures this sale comes the moment I spend the last of my money. Knowing my luck it will end buy the time I get more to. I feel sad now.

Smoochy

Aug 20, 2008
Swords and SOLIDERS sounds awesome, but I think I'd prefer a game with soldiers instead

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
How is this sale massive with only 11 games going reduced? and only by 50%?

Seems to me that SCEA either just wants to shift some stagnant download keys, or is experimenting with replicating Steams success.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
I might get Costume Quest, but I did just spend $45 on various arcade/indie titles on XBLA today.... Hm.....

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Sober Thal said:

deathspank is a funny Hack N Slash apart from that there's not much to be seen...

fire-exit-man

Standing on the Edge of Reason
Oct 6, 2010
Any word on this coming to the PAL PSN Store? I've been thinking of downloading DeathSpank...

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Sweet I think I'm going to pick up several of these. Thx for the heads up.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
11 games is massive? Damn, guess I never noticed how much Steam sales really put other sales to shame...

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
vansau said:
The sale, "11 for 2011" features - appropriately - 11 games on sale for an unspecified amount of "limited time."
Until January 31. Says right there in the picture.