BioWare Offers 5 Powerful Dragon Age 2 Items to Facebook Users

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
BioWare Offers 5 Powerful Dragon Age 2 Items to Facebook Users

BioWare has detailed the rewards it will give players of Facebook's Dragon Age: Legends.

Leading in to the release of Dragon Age: Legends [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047THYWC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003UF9E0O&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=064HGK1BKX3WBAAC11GM] will unlock 5 unique items in Dragon Age 2, and BioWare has recently revealed what those items will be.

Three of the items are specifically related to a mythical demon hunter that EA 2D and BioWare created named Evra. Evra's Might is a solid gold ring shaped like a demon skull that was often used to "punch demons in the face." Sounds like as good a use as any. Evra's Trophy Belt was constantly altered over Evra's demon slaying days to feature trophies of his kills, including teeth and fur. Cool, but a little gross. The Air of Confidence is a ring that doesn't involve skulls or teeth or hair, but never left Evra's finger even while he slept. Its properties are a mystery.

[gallery=103]

The other two items are related to the story of Dragon Age: Journeys and play a part in its eventual extension. The Ivo Family Crest is a diamond-shaped golden amulet that bears the crest of House Ivo, while Dura's Blue Flame is a silver amulet that includes a large glowing blue sapphire.

Dragon Age: Legends isn't available to the public yet, but is said to combine the social environment of Facebook with tactical combat. From screenshots that show players shoving their axes into the brains of the Darkspawn, it looks like a Facebook game worth playing. If you'd like to earn these items in Dragon Age 2, visit Dragon Age: Legends' on Facebook [http://www.ea.com/dragon-age-legends] and sign up for the beta.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
I know the guys at Penny Arcade made one, is that any of these? Or is it completely unrelated?

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Boo. I hate this idea. I hate FaceBook and don't think I deserve to miss out on items because I am not suckered into that environment.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Am I the only one that is getting tired of all these in game items getting sold off outside the game ?

All you read / see is offers of items if you pre order, buy this comic , buy this other game , buy this version of the game, buy that version , buy that special editon , buy it on a special , buy another special item for more items , and get a TF 2 hat.

... its a wonder there is anything left to find in the actual game itself.

To be fair it aint just Bioware, its virtually every publisher these days.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
No way. I shelled out money for the pre-order since I was going to be getting it anyway but NOTHING will make me go back to the hell hole that is Facebook.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
FoolKiller said:
Boo. I hate this idea. I hate FaceBook and don't think I deserve to miss out on items because I am not suckered into that environment.
my thoughts exactly, fck a facebook.

Sep 14, 2009
jesus

i was going to say inb4 angst against facebook...but guess the angst ninja's got here fast.

OT: i might check it out eventually, but if not oh well, just a few items really, no big deal (but still cool if you wanna mess around and earn em)

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
What the hell do you guys do on Facebook that makes it so bad?
I've never had a problem with it at all.

I'm not getting DA2 so it's pretty much a given that I won't be doing this, it's a neat idea though. It will probably give out a message saying you've done it and others who may be interested and unaware of the offer will also partake.
Good idea right there.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
FoolKiller said:
Me too. I think this have gone too far. I like Bioware games, but really needs to stop. First Pre-order bonus (and then a second round of pre-order bonus), and Dead space, now this? and all this is for one game alone.

gring

Sep 14, 2010
too bad I canceled my facebook account because its turned into a giant rigged data mining scam.

starting to think about cancelling DA2 preorder as well, EA took all the annoying features of "project 10 dollar" and are blowing them WAY out of proportion. like, way farther then even I thought possible, and i can be a pretty bitter dude sometimes.

its okay though, because all of this is really leading up to yet another game industry crash. they more they try preventing people not buying their game, the more they end up doing the exact opposite. DRM, DLC, retailer/website specific preorder content, releasing the same games over and over just to make a quick buck, it will backfire.

MirrorSweep

Apr 17, 2009
Nope, this still wont make me get facebook. -.-'
Will take something pretty god damn awesome to make one as well.
However, I have my pre-order down for DA-2 and can't wait =3

Pumpkinmancer

The Pumpkin is our salvation!
Sep 20, 2010
I'm really not a fan of all these cross media promotions. Certianly not those that offer very signifcant advantages. These items should be available to get in the game reguardless of ones using facebook or not. Facebook could be an anternate way to unlock the content, but it should not be the only way.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
LISTEN STOP USING FACEBOOK GAMES TO GIVE US STUFF IN ACTUAL GAMES

Im sick of this its forcing people to use a horrible site just to get in game items. Make the game put out all over the net not just facebook its irritating how much we are forced to miss becouse we didnt go on some shitty site

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I hate it when stuff like this happens. Look game companies - I like to purchase your products. I loathe social networking with a fiery passion that could ignite the very fabric of reality itself. Stop trying to make me sign up for Facebook to get stuff, just bloody give it to me when I pay for your games. Because I've already bloody pre-ordered your damn game! What more do you want from me?!

Seriously, exclusive DLC (no matter how pointless it might be) is insanely infuriating, and while this is technically content that anyone could get, having to sign up for Facebook to get them is like requiring us to sign over the souls of our firstborn children before you'll offer us a fancy digital hat; that is just not a cool thing to do.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Ok, EA, I pre-ordered the game to get the mabari and the extra DLC.

I was looking at Dead Space 2 and figured I won't play it so it's no justification for armor I'll change after a day.

Why do I have to play Facebook for awesome extras? I've been able to avoid the online gaming thing on Facebook for so long now. I avoided the Vampire Wars, FarmVille, CityVille, that Sorority game... Why are you making me go back just for a few trinkets?

I'll try it, because I know you're milking my Bioware fangirlness, but if it's not the best thing since chocolate, I'm done.

Now please, save SOMETHING for the actual game? Hmm? Because it's really getting annoying now.
Really.

Were you like this for ME, Bioware? Just...just wondering.