Artist Turns All 493 Pokemon Into Cosplaying Girls

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Artist Turns All 493 Pokemon Into Cosplaying Girls

The term "Gotta Catch 'Em All" becomes much creepier when you're talking about little girls instead of cute creatures.

A Japanese artist has taken the pre-White [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EW2PC6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003O6CAHI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=161JB18TX7NDKRFM92W1] roster and turned every single creature into an anime girl. No, I don't know why, but it's pretty impressive from the standpoint of how much work had to be done.

The artist represents all of the popular Pokemon like Pikachu and Charmander, but doesn't forget to include fan favorites like Mankey and Psyduck. The concept of Mankey is a little thrown off, but there's no reason why a girl can't dress as a man that is also a monkey. Even all of the throwaway letter-shaped Pokemon are here.

[gallery=106]

The style of each Pokemon is suitably represented, with the artist giving them proper poses and facial expressions. Snorlax still looks lazy, and I can tell that the anime girl version of Charizard is a jerk too.

The scope of this project is a bit absurd, but there's apparently just something about Pokemon that makes artists want to represent them in other forms. A full set of anime girl Pokemon seems like a more natural step than H.P. Lovecraft Pokemon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103991-Lego-Pokemon-Artist-Trying-to-Make-Em-All] anyway. Those working on a set of Pokemon in Jello or matchsticks better quicken the pace, because come Black & White you'll have 150 more to do.

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/image.php?path=/2011/01/24/pokemon-girls-full.jpg]

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
493 o_O

Damn that's ambitious, and it looks good too. Ah well, gotta draw 'em all (as cosplaying girls) I guess ^^

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I like how about every 10 images there's a sexually suggestive one. Japanese just can't help themselves...
Also, what the fuck is going on with the Omastar one? She looks like she's getting something in the back entrance... O_O

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That is creepy, yeah.

On the other hand...when aren't anime girls creepy? What can you add them to without making it weird?

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Toasted Nuts said:
Oh...dear...god

Why would you do this
It's called pokejinka and it's actually pretty fun to do. I mean, how can you hate on this guy?

[small]Artwork by Jemma Salume[/small]

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Yes, one of them is male and it's one the pokemon that can only be mail... fighting physic type.. Gallade I think It's called.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Just a note to the article writer that not all of them are girls, two specifically that I noticed were Nidoking and Mankey/Primape ones I didn't go through all of them (don't have the time to really) but from the first 150 that's what I noticed.(unless of course the artist just drew really boyish looking girls for those two)

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I've seen similar pics like this and I always found them pretty cool.

But damn, 493? That must of taken a lot of time to make.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010

on a serious note, shit must have taken forever.... man I wish I had that much free time dedication

edit: btw, that Blastoise chick looks like a Gundam

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
That is pretty cool, I applaud not only the quality of the finished product, but the sheer determination to do it aswell.