Child's Web Comic Becomes Live Action Movie

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Child's Web Comic Becomes Live Action Movie

[vimeo=19119108]​
Axe Cop, the delightfully absurd web comic written by a 6-year-old and illustrated by his 29-year-old brother, adapts to live action startlingly well.

Axe Cop [http://axecop.com/] is quite the web comic. It features a police officer who rides a T-Rex with machine-gun arms named Wexter who fights alongside companions like Uni-Baby, Dinosaur Soldier, and Sockarang against the evil forces of Bad Santa, Evil Flying Book, and King Evilfatsozon.

All of Axe Cop is written by 6-year-old Malachai Nicolle, in a sterling example of the weirdness that children can come up with. His 29-year-old comic book artist brother, Ethan, heard Malachai raving about his imaginary persona, and enjoyed the story so much he drew a one page comic.

That one page comic has now developed into an 80 episode saga, with rabid fans who send in questions to be answered in an "Ask Axe Cop" series.

And now, thanks to Peter Muehlenberg, he's a live action badass.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5746101/axe-cop-++-the-live-action-movie]

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
That was surprisingly awesome. Keep these coming.

Also, please, for the love of God, translate the Axe Cop/ Dr. McNinja crossover to live action. It's just stupid enough to work.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
This reminds me a lot of, "Sockbaby". A crossover there would be pretty awesome

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Echer123 said:
How delightfully absurd...
Seth McFarlane could learn a thing or... well every-fucking-thing from this kid. Someone should really just rub it in his face that a six year old has a better understanding of narrative than him.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
I can't believe how faithful they were to the initial episode, especially without making it look stupid. That was amazing! I hope there will be more.