Plants Vs. Zombies Coming to PSN

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Plants Vs. Zombies Coming to PSN

PopCap's smartly casual real-time strategy game finally graces the Sony PlayStation in February.

Sony fans have been denied the experience playing of Plants Vs. Zombies for too long! SOE has announced a slew of new games coming down the pipe for PlayStation Network and PopCap's game is at the top of the list of some interesting titles, mostly concerning robots. Acceleration of Suguri X Edition is a quirky game of robot battle royale in a cell shaded Japanese style. Slam Bolt Scrappers puts the two disparate game genres of construction sims and fighters together in a PlayStation Network exclusive. The other game titles included in the announcement were the village-building game Akimi Village from NinjaBee, Rochard following the adventures of the eponymous space miner, and Sideway developed by Playbrains and Fuel Industries. Unfortunately, no release date information (other than PvZ dropping sometime in February) or pricing was announced.

"SOE has delivered more than 6.5 million downloads worldwide on the PlayStation Network, including a mix of classic and original intellectual properties, top-tier casual games, and PlayStation Network exclusives," said Chris Sturr from Sony Online Entertainment. "We continually seek creative opportunities to generate new and entertaining ways to enhance a player's gaming experience and our latest line-up proves this with all-new games that are fun and engaging."

For me, the craziest and most interesting title announced today is Sideway. The game lets you play as a 2D sprite named Nox as he tries to break into the art culture of a 3D New York City. I don't know exactly how that will work but the visual art world seems like a subject matter that hasn't been tapped yet for a videogame. I'm interested to see what Sideway is all about.

capt.fodder

Sep 6, 2009
Any word on whether it is PS3-only or if it is for both PS3 and PSP? I prefer to take this kinda game "on the road" so-to-speak...

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
capt.fodder said:
Any word on whether it is PS3-only or if it is for both PS3 and PSP? I prefer to take this kinda game "on the road" so-to-speak...
I know what you mean, Im the same. I wasn't a fan of this game when I was sat down in the house playing it. But I know it's somethingI could enjoy on long journeys.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
First Angry Birds and now this, seriously, are they trying to take my money away?

If this can be played on the PSP then it's all over.

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
NeoShinGundam said:
Has the Michael Jackson Thriller Zombie still missing, or did they put him back in?
I really doubt it they will since his lawyers will probably throw a hissy fit if they do.

OT: Ok popcap I love your games and all but how about showing some love to the pc version and give us the multiplayer option that is now on the 360 and most likely coming to the ps3. I really don't want to have to buy the game again when I just want to do some co-op/versus with some friends.