Leaked Video Confirms MvC 3's Final Boss

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Leaked Video Confirms MvC 3's Final Boss

Marvel vs. Capcom 3's [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Xbox-360/dp/B003IE9V28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296560108&sr=8-1] final boss will squash you, then eat you and everyone you know.

For those of you who have been following the rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106448-UPDATE-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Comic-Artist-Accidentally-Confirms-Galactus] about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - and there have been lots of them - then you'll know that the game's final boss was supposedly a certain world-eating giant. Now, a video posted by someone who got his hands on the game early has transformed that rumor into fact.

The video shows a team comprised of Taskmaster, Amaterasu, and Dante, fighting ghostly versions of Doctor Doom and Akuma, with the mighty Galactus looking on in the background. Once the heroes defeat their spectral opponents, Galactus himself decided to get involved. The good news is that he's very large, and thus quite easy to hit. Unfortunately, his massive size is also the bad news, as he doesn't seem to have too much trouble smashing you into paste.

Galactus is the final character mentioned in the Twitter leak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106148-Twitter-Poster-Supposedly-Reveals-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Secrets] from last year, a leak which proved to be 100% accurate. That's not necessarily the end of character speculation, however, as DLC means we could be discussing new additions to the roster for months to come.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is scheduled for release for Xbox 360 and PS3 on February 15th in North America, and February 18th in Europe.

Source: via 1up [http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32736]

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Looks like a good fight but, honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I mean, it makes sense and there's nothing WRONG with Galactus, but I would have liked to see something a little more unpredictable.

Also I get the impression that Marvel is dominating the game story-wise.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
LawlessSquirrel said:
Also I get the impression that Marvel is dominating the game story-wise.
I suppose that's due to the nature of character involvement. Capcom's characters are all in separate "universes", whereas the majority of Marvel ones occur in the same, or similar ones.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Was anyone surprised that we would be fighting galactus at the end? it was kinda predictable
Still can't wait to get this

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Well, this surprised absolutely nobody. Still, Doctor Doom AND Akuma at the same time? That's just not fair. Oh well, I've fought Unlimited Ragna on Blazblue, this can't be more difficult.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Golem239 said:
Was anyone surprised that we would be fighting galactus at the end? it was kinda predictable
Still can't wait to get this
It was even more predictable when a concept artist, showing his work from MvC 3, showed Galactus concept art to potential employers. Whoops.

Like I said, my present to Capcom is a box of corks, to plug up all those leaks.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It was the same in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Big mid boss, and big final boss. It makes for a fun fight, but usually not very hard either. I can't wait for this game.

On a different note, the video we were treated with from the beginning of the talk about this game involves Dormammuu. Not like he would have made a bad final boss either. The thing that was annoying about that whole thing was we were treated with two Doctor Strange characters in the game, but no Doctor Strange.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
binvjoh said:
Why must bosses in fighting games always be these outerwordly entities?
What Japanese-developed game doesn't involve taking on god-like beings?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I love how you can see Galactus smashign a WHOLE WORLD int he background, but when he reaches the player platform hes shrunk conciderbly in size.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm still amazed that the leaked list was completely accurate. Wow. That's pretty rare.

not sure I like taking on Galactus. But then, really, I wasn't expecting much different, so I guess I'm where I started.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I hope somebody gets fired (and permanently blacklisted) over these leaks.

Quit trying to ruin the fun, jerk.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
He looks massive and easy to beat. Simple attackattackattack, dodge slow lumbering attack, attackattackattack, win.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS! YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR!

Yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna be shouting at the top of my lungs at my TV when I'm fighting Galactus.