SNK's Going Old School On The PSP

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
SNK's Going Old School On The PSP

It's time to get your retro game on.

SNK Playmore's got a pretty substantial catalog of games, based on the company's extensive history in the videogame industry. The game publisher has announced a new PSP compilation game that's due to hit Japan on April 21. However, as opposed to previous compliations, the folks at SNK Playmore including games from the publisher's earlier days, even before the Neo Geo arcade games were released.

The compilation SNK Arcade Classics 0 will feature the following games:

? Ikari Warriors (1986)
? Dogosoken (1986)
? Ikari III: The Rescue (overseas version) (1989)
? Athena (1986)
? Psycho Soldier (1987)
? Sasuke vs. Commander (1980)
? TANK (1985)
? ASO (1985)
? Prehistoric Isle in 1930 (1989)
? Bermuda Triangle (1987)
? Vanguard 2 (1984)
? HAL 21 (1985)
? Marvin's Maze (1983)
? Guerrilla War (1987)
? P.O.W. (1988)
? Street Smart (1989)
? SAR Search and Rescue (1989)
? Touchdown Fever (1987)
? Gold Medalist (1988)
? Super Championship Baseball (overseas version) (1989)

At the moment, the game's only been announced for Japan, though Joystiq points out that the ESRB has had the title listed since late 2009. While there isn't any official plans to bring the compilation to the West, the ESRB at least promises a possibility that gamers out here might get a crack at the game later on.

Source: Joystiq

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I love retail compilations and this one looks preety interesting. Having said that, I am not familiar with these titles, so I am hesitant to commit to a purchase currently. But I might still end up buying it, since some of those games do look fun.

I hope game companies do more of these.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Being an exclusive PC gamer until a couple years ago--and I'm still one at heart but practicalities have lead me to buy a PS3 and a PSP--I've missed a lot of major console games over the years. So I've been playing re-releases on the PSP, and having a hell of a lot of fun with that. Go retro! Keep 'em coming!