Jack Sparrow Gets Blocky in Upcoming Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Jack Sparrow Gets Blocky in Upcoming Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean

Lego Star Wars developer Traveler's Tales is partnering up with Disney to give the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise the Lego treatment.

If your are a fan of both nautical banditry and small colorful blocks, then today is your lucky day, as Traveler's Tales announces its next Lego project Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Like the other Lego games, Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean will take the players through the plot of the movies using characters, weapons, and whole locales that have been entirely blockified. Also like the other games, it will feature the ability to play as 70+ different characters, each with their own special abilities, which will need to be utilized in order to complete the numerous puzzles and challenges spread throughout the game.

Unlike the other Lego games, Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean will also feature a relatively robust sword-fighting mechanic, allowing for both the easy dispatch of weaker enemies and longer dramatic duels with the tougher ones. The platforming has also been improved upon from earlier games, so cavorting in the crow's nest of a ship hopefully won't feel like break dancing on buttered ice, as it sometimes did in other Lego games.

The story of Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean will cover not just the first 3 Pirates movies, but the upcoming On Stranger Tides as well. Because of this, the game will be coming out at the same time as the fourth installment in the franchise sometime in May.

Source: IGN [http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1147352p1.html]

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damnit, now I'm tempted to get this game as well... I have most of the lego based games except for Harry Potter. :D

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
So thats what they decided to do next. Well, thats cool. PotC has enough material for it to be funny.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Neat. I won't be purchasing this, but I certainly see the appeal in these games.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I've played all the Star Wars games, Harry Potter, and Batman, missed Indiana Jones. I absolutely hated Batman. I did like the lightsaber combat, so I think this can be a good game.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I love the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, makes me all tingly and awakens my inner child :D

I haven't played all of the Lego games, but the ones I did I had a blast with. Here's to another addition to a great franchise!

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
I thought the whole Lego: [insert popular name brand here] was cool at first. Played the Star Wars ones, and the demo for Batman, and I realized they are pretty lame. I'm fairly annoyed that the trend continues, but I expected it. Yet another game I just won't even entertain the idea of getting.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
I thought the whole Lego: [insert popular name brand here] was cool at first. Played the Star Wars ones, and the demo for Batman, and I realized they are pretty lame. I'm fairly annoyed that the trend continues, but I expected it. Yet another game I just won't even entertain the idea of getting.

Argh, Double post because of Captcha fail. My apologies.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
This is a nice way to do a movie tie-in game. Same with what they're doing with Lego: Harry Potter. They're good games and they can easily ride the coat tails of the movies to enhance sales.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Cool :). I think this will work well and the Lego games have a great level of co op which is something that is apparently hard to find on the DS.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I've waiting for this announcement for years. =)

I hope my wish for Lego Jurassic Park comes to fruition as well...

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Garak73 said:
We have this and Lego Star Wars III coming out but I am wondering if they are going to fix the problems with Lego Harry Potter anytime soon. I tried the demo on Steam and it had framerate issues and then when I finished a level in the demo it locked up. I looked it up and apparently the game is as buggy as a Bethesda game.

Is that the standard with this studio?
I had all the lego star wars games and none of those ever bugged on me.

I may get this, I've ever had the star wars one but light sabres were cool so pirate swords should work. Also if the combat is as improved as they are saying.