Beyond Dead

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Beyond Dead

Celebrate the birthday of zombie master George Romero with some of his other movies.

Read Full Article

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I've seen, but didn't enjoy, Creepshow, and I own The Dark Half, but that's it. Man, I gotta get on this shit; the only Romero movies I've seen are Night, Dawn, Land, and the aforementioned Creepshow and TDH. I also own Diary but I haven't seen it yet.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Heh heh, I wonder if "The Dark Half" is in part responsible for the Venture Bros. inspiration for Jonas Jr.

I definitely need to watch Knightriders now... just the description sounds like something I'd be into. You had me at "part biker movie, part medieval intrigue drama, part counterculture road picture."

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
I've seen all of those, I suddenly feel part of the elite... not sure I like that.

Monkey shines is pretty cool, Knightriders is definitely my favourite of the bunch though.

Stevey M

Technobabbler
Feb 11, 2009
Pretty interesting stuff. Just an FYI for the Editors, though, the link to the Martin trailer is broken.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Honestly, I didn't realise how much else Romero had done. Then again, I'm not into horror movies so these hold no interest for me, but thanks Bob for enlightening me.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
I love Knightriders! After you reminded me of it, I immediately went and ordered it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Creep Show sounds pretty interesting, murderous cockroaches YES!

lumpenprole

Apr 15, 2009
Knight Riders is one of those movies I'm always banging on about to anyone who will listen. My wife rolls her eyes and strolls off whenever I start talking to someone about it.

I always thought The Dark Half was underrated. The causal menace that Timothy Hutton manages to give off is totally unexpected when you check his earlier work. That was also the first movie where I took notice of Micheal Rooker.

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
One of my parents left the SCA because it was too wussy. She raised me with her love for most things medieval. Kightriders was part of the package. It has easily been over a decade since I last viewed it.

Tonight, it goes to the top of the queue!

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Namewithheld said:
A list of underrated Romero movies and you don't mention THE CRAZIES?!

Madness!
Concur, though this is one of his better known projects, still underrated though.

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
Namewithheld said:
A list of underrated Romero movies and you don't mention THE CRAZIES?!

Madness!
I'm also glad that somebody else had the same thought. The original Crazies was a fantastic spin on the "Zombie" genre, even though it was pretty fresh at the time. Well, happy B.day Mr. Romero. Your films are loved!