Mini Vader Dominates New Volkswagen Commercial

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Mini Vader Dominates New Volkswagen Commercial

Dare you not to grin when you watch this.

This is a great time of year for the advertising industry, thanks to the Super Bowl. The new ads that are unveiled for the biggest football game of the year are often celebrated for their brilliance (and, occasionally, mocked for their shortcomings). This year, automobile manufacturer Volkswagen has unveiled a new ad for the 2012 Passat that features an adorable miniature Darth Vader.

OK, Vader is actually a kid in a costume who stalks around his/her house, trying to use the Force on different objects. It's pretty funny to watch, thanks to the official "Imperial March" music and the kid's body language. At the end of commercial, however, Little Darth gets a surprise when the Force is used on the Passat in the driveway.

Honestly, this is one of the more adorable/nerdy ads I've seen in a while. Kudos to Volkswagen's marketing team; hopefully this is the start of a whole new campaign with similarly brilliant ads.

Source: Geek

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
That was a bit anti climatic.. Still cute though I guess.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
I'm happy lucas released its force grip on its license long enough to let this kid try and force grip some stuff.

Also I find it strange but awesome how Darth vader is the true start of the OT

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
That was awesome; if only all ads had this sense of fun.

The dog's expression was priceless.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Oh gods... the cuteness and win is reaching critical levels, that was freaking adorable, just a few snuggles short of so cute it hurts.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
This is fairly brilliant. Gotta love that giving up when he realises he can't eat the sandwich. But HE WILL HAVE THE PENNE ALLA ARRABIATA. And he will need a tray.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
You know, first VW goes to race in the Nürburgring 24h with this...

... then they go rallying with this...

... and then they build a car that achieves a mileage of 310mpg...

Oh, now they also own Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Skoda and SEAT.

And finally they make an interesting ad.

Well, that's quite a mouthful for a company known for making pedestrian automobiles sold to retirees...

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
The Imperial March is an appropriate tune for Volkswagen, considering it was founded by the Nazis.

Also, I want a Darth Vader costume. I would totally run around trying to electrocute everything with my mind.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
They must have paid an arm and a leg for the rights to Vader and the song..perhaps another arm and leg too? Oh man that's first class comedy there!

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i made me smile but i was hoping the car was going to move or something.