"BUILD!" Is One Of The Craziest Lego Movies You'll Ever See

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
"BUILD!" Is One Of The Craziest Lego Movies You'll Ever See

Lego toys + heavy metal music + insane creativity = brilliance.

There are a lot of absolutely amazing stop-motion videos made with Lego toys, including <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107342-See-Lego-Versions-of-the-2010-Best-Picture-Nominees>versions of the new Oscar nominees and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106560-8-Bit-Lego-Animation-Celebrates-Holidays-of-2010>crazy action shoot-outs. This new short, "BUILD!", is easily one of the better ones to appear on the Web.

There's not really a huge plot to this short: A dwarf (?) is chopping trees down in the forest when his axe is struck by lightning, which gives him to change the Lego world around him. It's bizarre and strange and brilliant as anything I've ever seen made from Lego toys. I particularly enjoyed how he starts strumming his axe like a guitar (in time to the heavy metal music soundtrack).

If I didn't know this was a fan-made video, I probably would've assumed that it was an ad made by Lego. "BUILD!" is impressively made, but what's more impressive is the sheer imagination that's used to create the original creatures/constructs that appear. If you enjoyed this movie, <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/Paganomation>Paganomation has a slew of other Lego videos on their YouTube channel that you should definitely check out.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
LEGO will never cease to amuse me.
It's like, it's by default, awesome just because it's LEGO.

And damn, the video is crazy! o_O Totally cool.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
That..was...awesome...
I had something kinda similar to the mech the guy had to kill the troll.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Now we need this in Minecraft.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that you should be able to make massive golems in Minecraft that can be given life so they can wander the world?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Oh man, that was super sweet - I must have moooooooooooore! Wait! What's this in my closet? piles upon piles of legos, left unattended and alone for far too long? YOU WILL BE BUILT!

I love the little skeleton flashes he gets when he gets struck by lightning, too. The skeleton was one of my favorite novelty lego-men.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
So frikkin awesome.

Reminds me of when I was a little kid and a friend of mine and I would play LEGO all the time while listening to Guns 'n' Roses.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Wow, those guys (paganomation) has some really cool videos. Check "Little Guys" and "Playback", really well made

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
OniaPL said:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that you should be able to make massive golems in Minecraft that can be given life so they can wander the world?
holy shit! that is a fantastic idea. Creating monster and then letting them wonder off into the world. You could run into them on your travels.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
OniaPL said:

If I could only do that to my massive, kickass robo-city hall... Oh well...

Anyway, this is one of the coolest things I've seen all week.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I liked it. That was really cool. At first I was like... is this a Minecraft in Lego vid??

(captcha: nyaht wntten???)

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
OniaPL said:

I second that idea .I have made a giant stone turtle with a glass shell that has trees growing in it, waterfalls coming from the shell, and magma coming from it's head, if I could bring that to life I think I would cry at it's awesomeness.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
HankMan said:
But you know it would take forever to find the right materials for the ax guitar that brings them to life.
Call me a madman but I would gladly waste 3 days building a massive 100 blocks tall stone golem. Then, at night, I would use a redstone device that attracts a lighting strike at the golem, and it's eyes would turn red. Then it would start to wander the earth, squishing few unfortunate pigs.

That would just be such a spectacle. You'd think it could be done. No crafting recipe, you just build it like the gate to Nether. It's movement should be doable as right now water and lava blocks move and sand falls.

And think of the multiplayer spectacle!! What would your friend think when suddendly he sees a massive stone monster in the horizon?