Is China Building a Warcraft and Starcraft Theme Park?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Is China Building a Warcraft and Starcraft Theme Park?

Even if images of a Blizzard-themed Amusement park are fake, they're still pretty cool.

Instead of blasting through Space Mountain with Mickey Mouse at Disney World, imagine if you could sit next to Kerrigan while zooming around Starcraft: The Ride, or hang out with Thrall on the tea cups of Orgrimmar. This is evidently the basic idea behind some of the areas in China's upcoming Joyland Theme Park.

French gaming site GameBlog is reporting that Joyland, supposedly opening in March 2011, will feature areas such as the "Terrain of World of Warcraft [http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-III-Battle-Chest-Pc/dp/B00009ECGK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297185406&sr=8-2] and those built by the Protoss.

[gallery=122]

Joyland isn't entirely Blizzard-themed, with other areas that include "Moles World" and the "World of Legend." It'll also have a videogame museum and an area where park-goers can battle against each other in e-sports, presumably meaning Starcraft.

The appearances of Blizzard's properties in Joyland is a big surprise, raising questions if they're legal, were approved, or are even real. The Joyland website [http://joyland.ccjoy.com/main.html] seems genuine enough, but a Starcraft and Warcraft theme park seems too awesome to be in this plane of reality. Perhaps more information, and pictures, will come out after Joyland's grand opening.

Source: G4TV [http://www.gameblog.fr/news_20630_un-parc-d-attractions-world-of-warcraft-starcraft-en-mars]

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Amazing. That would be awesome. They need to do this! DO EET! NOW!

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Part of me kinda wants to see this built because it could be quite funny.

Another part wants to see this burn because it will probably be crap.

Atmos Duality said:
Oh grand.
Can't wait to get Zerg-rushed on the bumper cars.
Win

Eatspeeple

Jun 18, 2009
I wonder if they will keep to the game and have the rollercoaster stop halfway round while a voice booms 'YOU MUST CONTRUCT ADITTIONAL PYLONS'

Atmos Duality said:
Oh grand.
They dont have bumper cars, they have bumper overlords

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Eatspeeple said:
I wonder if they will keep to the game and have the rollercoaster stop halfway round while a voice booms 'YOU MUST CONTRUCT ADITTIONAL PYLONS'

Atmos Duality said:
Oh grand.
And they make Overlord sounds.

"Breeeuueuueeeaararrrrph!"

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Zer_ said:
Eatspeeple said:

And they make Overlord sounds.

"Breeeuueuueeeaararrrrph!"
I've no idea why, but the original Overlord sounds always made me think of some mutated old guy who is in desperate need of a laxative.
Taking that into context of bumper cars paints an..."interesting" image in my mind's eye.

Otaku13

Feb 4, 2010
I would love it if blizzard made a theme park. Hell the souvenirs alone would be epic.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Oh China. They are totally like this girl when it comes to legal stuff:

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
They don't have nearly enough pylons for all that.

Though if it's true and not just another Adventure in Copyright Infringement, that would be amazing.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Again with the copyright infriging themeparks china? Why cant you be orignal?

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
Blizzard shouldn't do anything about this. It's major free advertisement on their part.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Remake the major cities of WoW or don't bother at all. Oh what I wouldn't give to stroll through a real-sized Stormwind or Oggrimmar. Or oh boy what about Silvermoon? Including the Tauren Chieftans! Woohoo!

Well shame it won't be that awesome...ah well, a boy can dream.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
It's China, so I'm guessing it's not being done legally. Also, "Terrain" of Warcraft? Did they just Google for a synonym or what? Weak.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Why does that gundam stint leave a bad taste in my mouth about the legality of this? Cuase I dont think China wants to battle Blizzard like that. Especially considering Blizzard could just BUY parts of China and call it Blizzard nation or whatever they want to call it.