Real Life Mario Kart Gets Busted in France

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Real Life Mario Kart Gets Busted in France

A French prankster goes the extra mile by driving a go-kart and dropping banana peels in full Mario regalia.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who imagines tossing red shell at the bastard who cut me off on the highway. But the French comedian Remi Gaillard took that fantasy one step further by donning Mario garb and driving around a crowded street and even into a grocery store before being stopped by security, and eventually the cops. Not before he drops a few banana peels on unsuspecting motorists, though. The Mario Kart video shown below is actually a sequel to Gaillard's first lap around Mario Raceway/Paris from 2008 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y].

Gaillard is something of a public figure in France, where his pranks, such as pretending to be an athlete, have gained him notoriety. He's appeared on talk shows and advertisements, and has been interviewed in the French newspaper Just Kidding [http://www.lemonde.fr/cgi-bin/ACHATS/acheter.cgi?offre=ARCHIVES&type_item=ART_ARCH_30J&objet_id=1012256&clef=ARC-TRK-NC_01] videotapes marketed to Americans watching late-night TV in the 90s.

Each of Gaillard's videos signs off with a title card reading, "C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui" which translated into English means "It's by doing whatever that one becomes whomever."

In this case, Gaillard has become an Italian plumber with a penchant for bananas. And I suppose that makes the cops and security guys Goombas.

Source: Nimportequi.com [http://www.nimportequi.com/en/]

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Its always bananas!!!! Or a shell... Looks like he flipping off the cops as he drives by too...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I remember his last video. This guy's classic; hope he doesn't get into too much trouble for this.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
This is really old... Did he take another run at it or something? I mean we are talking years old.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Oh no, Nintendo fans are getting ambitous. Normally when this happen's it results in a visit from Mr. Lawsuit and his entourage of crack lawyers.

Still, was awesome though.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Im surprised you all didnt knew about Remi already..... hes doned some pretty wicked and funny stuff already....

i loved the olympics and the GOAL sketches.... oh and watch his "infiltration" in the soccer game.... xD

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
Hashbrick said:
This is really old... Did he take another run at it or something? I mean we are talking years old.
I thought the same thing, till I read

Greg Tito said:
The Mario Kart video shown above is actually a sequel to Gaillard's first lap around Mario Raceway/Paris from 2008 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y].
in the newspost. But this is like the third or fourth news article in a week that I swear I've seen before, even though most of the others were new. Attack of the Deja Vu.

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
Hashbrick said:
As the article states, he's done it before in another video. This is the sequel.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
I love things like that.. too bad new mario games are as stale as they possibly can be :(

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I sense if he wasn't chucking stuff into traffic, he'd probably get away with it.

It's a drag, but I imagine police have to take that kinda thing seriously, even tho the rest of it's harmless :)

He's damned great tho, and more power to him, his 'astronaut' on the golf course never fails to cheer me up, but then golfers deserve all they get.

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
The Godfather bit that he pulled off was pure genius!

OT

I can't believe he was able to get into that grocery store with that go kart, I was also expecting him to get away with shoplifting like he normally does, but it seems he is out of his game.

Anyways, Go Remi!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I remember his last video. This guy's classic; hope he doesn't get into too much trouble for this.
Well, he keeps doing stuff like this. He clearly can't get into too much trouble... Or he has like an insanely awesome French Lawyer.

OT: This was funnier the second time! I think his best video though was the Pac-Man one. Or the one where it was the Banana that got attacked and dragged away by an ape.