Criminal Genius Seeks Hitman on Facebook

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Criminal Genius Seeks Hitman on Facebook

A Pennsylvania teenager with murderous intent is looking at serious jail time after posting an ad for a hitman on Facebook.

19-year-old Corey Adams of West Chester, Pennsylvania, is in some serious trouble. He was accused of raping a 20-year-old woman after she left a party back in June 2010, a horrific act in itself, but that's not his biggest problem. No, the wheels didn't really come off until he decided that the best way to deal with the situation was to silence his victim by hiring a hitman on Facebook.

"I got 500 on a girls head who wants that bread? Hit me up anyway possible," the budding criminal mastermind wrote on his Facebook page. His accuser saw the message and called police, telling them about the rape and the contract, leading Detective Stan Billie to pay Adams a visit at home. Adams agreed to meet with Billie at the police station for more chit-chat but ten minutes later he posted another Facebook update saying he "needed this girl knocked off right now."

The police responded to the second post and arranged for another officer to meet Adams in the guise of a hitman. That meeting fell apart, however, because Adams wanted to meet the victim first; police videotaped that encounter and then confronted him about the Facebook post. He eventually admitted that he was upset about the rape accusation and agreed to plea to charges that included rape and solicitation to commit murder.

Adams is looking at a sentence of 11 to 22 years in the slam, which is pretty steep but a lot better than the 35 to 70 years he'd face if he went to trial and lost. Which certainly seemed likely; even his attorney acknowledging that his public want ad for a hitman, posted on the most popular social network on the planet, "certainly limited the defenses that were available to him."

Sources: Philly.com [http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/teenager-tries-to-hire-a-hitman-via-facebook-fails/129]

MrPop

May 14, 2009
At first I thought that someone misunderstood a jokey facebook post. How wrong I was.

This guy sounds a tad silly.

Feb 13, 2008
I'd say this guy was stupid, but that would take away from the horrifying acts he'd already engaged in.

Throw away the key or at least get him into treatment. This guy's messed up.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Why did he not just join the need a hitman group it so much easier lol.You can then have a chat with a few hitman see if you like any of them look at a few photos.Then you can pick which one you want its really good lol

selce

Nov 27, 2007
500 dollars? pssh i wont get out of my chair for less than 50k.

Seriously though some kids these days are just plain stupid.

TheAmazingTGIF

Friday Only Superhero
Aug 5, 2009
This is why rape crimes need to have jail time plus chemical castration as the punishment; so these fuckers can't contribute to the gene pool.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
WaywardHaymaker said:
Isn't that more Craigslist territory?
Oh it certainly is........

I am surprised this guys sentence is so light. I mean shouldn't they add time for being a dumbass?
I can only hope that something happens that stops this person from breeding ever.
Some times the parents or society are to blame. This time it could be both and the fact that this guy was hit with the stupid branch.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
hmmm while not defending this scum bag, he's earned what he's got, however I've mad jokes about wanting people knocked off before, once or twice, where is the line drawn between a real threat and a joke?

I mean honestly I've told my best friend "you sing that song again and I'll murder you in your sleep", we both knew it was a joke, but do the cops?

Sedweiler

Dec 5, 2009
Ah, Facebook! Bringing all the social acticity to the Internet. Unfortunately for this moron, he forgot to uncheck the "will get busted" box from his account settings.

Feb 13, 2008
tkioz said:
I mean honestly I've told my best friend "you sing that song again and I'll murder you in your sleep", we both knew it was a joke, but do the cops?
There's a definite difference between Paul Chambers [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial] and some tool that asks someone to kill the girl he's just raped. And then asks again while the police are near.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
You can get away with any crime if it's sufficiently premeditated, and this clearly was not. HAHA, why in the world would you put an add up like that when the person in question is a friend on facebook? Definitely not a criminal mastermind.

I believe that while first post could have come off as a joke, the updated second post definitely hurt his case.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
TheAmazingTGIF said:
This is why rape crimes need to have jail time plus chemical castration as the punishment; so these fuckers can't contribute to the gene pool.
it's not their genes that cause them to do these things...