Infamous 2 Lighting Up Consoles In June

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010

We've known for a while that Cole MacGrath's coming back to the PS3, but now Sony's listed an actual date (as well as a special edition of the game).

Developer Sucker Punch and Sony have been teasing out information about Infamous 2, the sequel to the beloved action title from 2009. But, in the midst of these details, fans have been begging to learn when the game would, you know, actually be released. Well, good news: Sony isn't going to keep you guessing any longer. Infamous 2 will be released here in the U.S. on June 7th.

The announcement came earlier today via the PlayStation Blog. The blog post addressed specific readers who asked when the game was going to come out: "Well to Tom, Deviant, Mila, and the rest of you amazing fans, we are happy to announce that inFAMOUS 2 will be launching in North America exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on June 7th, 2011!"

Sony also confirmed a special "Hero Edition" of the game. For $99.99, gamers will get the following:

Short of actual electrical super powers, the HERO Edition delivers everything an inFamous fan could want including a highly detailed 8.5" Cole MacGrath statue, a sportable sling pack modeled after Cole's own in-game gear, the inFAMOUS #1 mini comic from DC Comics, the official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition Soundtrack and a super voucher code for a collection of in-game content.

The Hero Edition will also include a voucher that will allow players to download special in-game weapons and character skins. There's also going to be a Special Edition of the game which will come in "good" and "bad" sleeves, which will include its own set of special in-game content.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Yet more ugly box art (I hope that's the American version).

Pretty excited for this though.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Woodsey said:

odds are it is... :( The original box art for InFamous 1 was awesome though.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Woodsey said:

man, that is some godawful cover art. I hopt that's NOT the American version. that would be my art. however, undeniably excited for this. make that FOUR games i'm looking forward to this year.

Apr 28, 2008
Eugh, that box art is ugly.

Still though, this makes me happy. Glad its coming out in the summer.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
vansau said:
Considering the games an exclusive shouldnt it be 'Infamous 2 Lighting Up PS3's In June'?

Also what about an EU release?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It looks like that face shouldn't be on that head. It's got a weird, uncanny thing going on that just makes it look shitty.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Boxart change plz and Thank you?

ANYWHO, preordering collecters edition, but glad it was pushed up. Gives me time to beat Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 lol.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Ashcrexl said:
Woodsey said:

man, that is some godawful cover art. I hopt that's NOT the American version. that would be my art. however, undeniably excited for this. make that FOUR games i'm looking forward to this year.
Only four?!

Good *insert deity of choice* man!

Hardcore_gamer said:
Bleh.

The first game was fairly boring. Your only forms of attack was shooting shit out of your hands and it got boring fast.
Shooting shit from guns makes that much difference?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Pilkingtube said:
On a related note, when is Prototype 2 being released? :p
I hope very soon, though the official site says "coming 2012"...

Well, still got Portal 2 and Duke Nukem to get through 2011.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Oh great, my gaming hobby is gonna cost me like $1000 this year. I guess I can't complain though. Would like to hear more about the good/evil editions and shy didn't the special edition come with the ball that gave cole his powers?

Also, first we complained away cole's make over, now I guess we're gonna have to nag away the box art...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
*marks date on the calendar*

... and done.

Getting past the box art, I cant wait, this is gonna be AWESOME!

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Quaxar said:
Pilkingtube said:
I hope very soon, though the official site says "coming 2012"...

Well, still got Portal 2 and Duke Nukem to get through 2011.
Oh noes, how can we compare the identical sequels if they're coming out at different times? D:

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
That box art is terrible, not in the least because they actually caved and re-ugly'd up the main character.

Marcosn

Jun 26, 2009
Pilkingtube said:
This made me laugh quite hard :')

I knew it would pay off for me to get a PS3 randomly the other day! (i just have to wait a few months...)