Bulletstorm Demo Coming to PC, Eventually

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bulletstorm Demo Coming to PC, Eventually

It's good news and bad news for PC shooter fans, who will be getting a Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Limited-Pc/dp/B003H0CBT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1298305080&sr=8-3] demo of their very own but not until after the game ships.

Eyebrows were raised when Epic Games announced that a demo for Bulletstorm, the over-the-top arse-blasting shooter from People Can Fly, would be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but not the PC. This is the same game, after all, that Epic Vice President Mark Rein said in July 2010 "will be a full-blown, oh-my-god Painkiller [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101845-Epic-We-Have-Not-Abandoned-the-PC] replay was enough to keep the mouse-and-keyboard crowd happy?

Whatever his mindset, the situation has changed and Rein revealed on Twitter [http://twitter.com/MarkRein/statuses/38750641157443584] over the weekend that a PC demo is on the way, eventually. "Bulletstorm PC demo is in the works!" he wrote. "Won't make it in time for ship date but should be available shortly after."

It's a little annoying, maybe, that console gamers have been playing the Bulletstorm demo for nearly a month while the PC crowd doesn't even know when it's going to get a shot at it. Speaking for myself, I'm happy to know that a demo is on the way; I just hope Mr. Rein and company don't mind if I wait to give it a spin before deciding whether or not to give them my money.

Bulletstorm comes out on February 22 - yes, that's tomorrow - for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I'm happy to know that a demo is on the way; I just hope Mr. Rein and company don't mind if I wait to give it a spin before deciding whether or not to give them my money.
my sentiments exactly

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
phoenix352 said:
in other news "bulletstorm already leaked , pirates enjoying their new BS full demo"
Fix'd that for you, since the PC version can't be played until the activation servers are up and running.

P.S.: Misleading title is misleading.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I didn't think the demo for consoles made the game anymore attractive honestly. I'd rather they keep doing more humorous ads

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
bulletstorm was leaked for the xbox like last week, pc "demo" aka full disk image showed up like last night.

i guess the more important question is is the game any darn good, any ported pc game as long as it is ported decent should be killed by any pc built in the last 3 4 years, and look better on pc with AA and AF and etc running.

but if the game sucks none of that matters. waiting for reviews here.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
Title is EXTREMELY misleading, as it absolutely implies that the FULL GAME is not yet coming out, when it is actually coming out for PC tomorrow. If I were the author I would change the title to say "Bulletstorm demo" as a few people have clearly already gotten confused by this.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
It's good news and bad news for PC shooter fans, who will be getting a Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Limited-Pc/dp/B003H0CBT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1298305080&sr=8-3] demo of their very own but not until after the game ships.[/B]
Ok, that wasn't funny, Andy. I've had a horrible past week and weekend then saw the title and thought that Bulletstorm wasn't going to be out tomorrow for PC... I probably would have cried and until I read that ^ .

tghm1801 said:
Hehe, just so no one else panics.
*cough*

>_>

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
And what will happen is that Rein will complain the PC's initial sales weren't high enough - of course, he'll ignore digital distribution entirely, and his company's own incompetence (GfWL + late demo).

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
After playing the demo already it didn't seem that fun to me. For one thing it was too easy, a good amount of enemies are melee, however when your melee attacks kick enemies into the air and puts them in a stasis what is the point, furthermore with the speed you have and slides you can do to get within melee range of non melee enemies makes it easy and boring.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Too little too late. And of course the poor sales will be blamed on piracy. I'm starting to think EA are just doing this to get out of making games for pc.

"Oh we don't want to publish games because of all the piracy." It is obviously EA's fault as People Can Fly have shown with Painkiller they can make a great PC game.

Faky

Oct 15, 2009
If demo isn't released before release, for me that is an indication that the game is bad. They want to lure naive people in buying the game before they realize that it is not what they expected.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
tghm1801 said:
Well, that's not a great tactic to increase day 1 sales. :|
It is if the game is shit :)

People buy it and find out = DOLLARS

People download demo and find out = zero dollars

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
After playing the demo on the Xbox, I have no wish to buy it on either console. I somehow doubt that an extremely late PC demo will magically make the game more fun to play.

...or make people pirate it less.