Preview: Dungeon Siege 3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Preview: Dungeon Siege 3

Plenty of hacking, lots of slashing, and almost more loot than you can carry. Almost.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I need more RPGs of this style. Like MMOs. Without all the people. And PC exclusivity.

Phat Lewt.

The Will meter sounds...interesting.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Loot? As the most important thing? Fuck, I really am an over-the-hill gamer then. Give me a decent story with character development and twists and turns to keep me guessing any day, loot be damned.
Still, should I be trusting obsidian to do something right with this game? As mentioned in the article, they're responsible for Fallout: New Vegas, which not only has the exact same bugs, flaws and memory leaks that TES: Oblivion and Fallout 3 had, but added a very interesting bug that corrupts all your savegames (which has NOT been fixed, I can tell you that from personal experience, not matter what the "patch" logs say).

gelles

Nov 28, 2009
Only one AI companion? Does this mean you have to choose between a person or a packmule? ARE there packmules?

And I guess playing it as a semi-RTS like the previous two are out?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
gelles said:
Only one AI companion? Does this mean you have to choose between a person or a packmule? ARE there packmules?

And I guess playing it as a semi-RTS like the previous two are out?
To my knowledge, no packmule, but you can hold an ungodly amount of stuff, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Susan... just a heads up. Thanks to your writing style, in combination with your past video reviews, I now read everything you write in your voice.

And it's awesome!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mumorpuger said:
Susan... just a heads up. Thanks to your writing style, in combination with your past video reviews, I now read everything you write in your voice.

And it's awesome!
What a great thing to say. Thank you!

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I love loot so much I want to make babies with it.

Even though Dungeon Siege sounds phenomenally familiar, I don't believe I've ever really made acquaintance to it. Thanks for the preview.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I am not a fan of the first two games, but I have to admit this one sounds very appealing. So many good RPGs coming out in the near future, and so little time. Choices, choices.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
I have hopes for Dungeon Siege 3. I also have my doubts about it.

I REALLY hope it turns out to be a good game, but I doubt I'll pick it up immediately on release. Obsidian's had kind of a rocky past with buggy launches and the Dungeon Siege line of games has something of a history of being pretty grindy.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Is there dodging and blocking? I've had fun playing Demon's Souls, and it'd be a bit depressing to go back to a game with D2-style mechanics where you basically stand there and take it like a moron with a funnel full of health pots taped to your mouth.

Turio

Jan 24, 2011
Dectilon said:
Is there dodging and blocking? I've had fun playing Demon's Souls, and it'd be a bit depressing to go back to a game with D2-style mechanics where you basically stand there and take it like a moron with a funnel full of health pots taped to your mouth.
Yes, both of them.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
So it's Diablo action meets Oblivion story. Sounds good to me, although at this point someone nailing 2+ player co-operative play within a story driven (or story assisted) game would be the only innovation to get me raising an eyebrow. I'm sure there's some interesting things to note about DS3 but having never played the series, the first thing that came to mind after viewing the embedded screen shots was

By the Power of Greyskull, I have the Powah!
*lens flare*​

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
I like the lootz.
Its one of the main reasons I love Too Human.
Although the loot systems are most likely different between this game and that game.

Ulvenkai

Apr 2, 2009
The3rdEye said:
Turio said:
The3rdEye said:
So it's Diablo action meets Oblivion story.
? What does the story have to do with Oblivion ?
My bad, "Obsidian" not "Oblivion". Freudian slip. (No... not really.)
Thank goodness for that. I was about to seriously question your standards and expectation of story :p

I <3 Obsidian ^.^