Bulletstorm DLC Is On The Way - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bulletstorm DLC Is On The Way - UPDATED

Today's the day that Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Xbox-360/dp/B003H0CC2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1298414205&sr=8-1] finally hit store shelves and you know what that means - it's DLC time!

With People Can Fly's long-awaited follow-up to Electronic Arts [http://www.amazon.com/Painkiller-Pc/dp/B00008QOL6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1298414239&sr=8-6] have now announced the game's debut DLC release, the Gun Sonata Pack, which will open up a whole new range of opportunities for amazing team skillshots across three new Anarchy multiplayer maps set in the Sewers of Stygia, the ruins of Hotel Elysium and the wide open spaces of Villa.

Also included are two new Echo mode mode maps: "Crash Site," in which Final Echo soldiers must deal with the ramifications of their crashed ship, and "Guns of Stygia," featuring a captive commando busting out of an enemy prison. Last but not least, the DLC pack will come with two Leash enhancements, the Flamingo and the Pulp, "making it even more enjoyable to kill with skill and style," although what they'll actually do is anybody's guess.

The Gun Sonata DLC pack is set to come out this spring and will sell for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or ten bucks on the PlayStation Network.

UPDATE: The original announcement didn't mention it but Epic has since confirmed that the Gun Sonata Pack is coming to the PC as well, although distribution details were not revealed.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
And so it begins, the parade of mediocre DLCs that should be included in the base game.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Dana22 said:
And so it begins, the parade of crappy DLCs that should be included in the base game.
Yeah... It seems it's like this in every game nowadays.
I still remember the BF:BC2 Day 1 Map Pack. That was just stupid.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Oh God... It just came out... really? And I thought Day 1 DLC was bad... wait, it is still bad...

*weeps*

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
MrShowerHead said:
Dana22 said:
And so it begins, the parade of crappy DLCs that should be included in the base game.
Not every game is doing this. Assassins Creed Brotherhood gave us multiple free DLC's and are only now coming out with a for profit one, and even that sounds like its well worth the $10 they are asking.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
MrShowerHead said:
Dana22 said:
All the BF:BC2 DLCs were free (Except for Vietnam, which more of an expansion), and goddamn these maps were actually beautifully crafted.

However, I am not sure about Bulletstorm, definitely the type of game I would enjoy, but with Rift, Dragon Age 2 and the new DoW game coming out, it will have to wait. Hopefully, they won't forget about the pitiful master race :)().

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
cainx10a said:
All the BF:BC2 DLCs were free (Except for Vietnam, which more of an expansion), and goddamn these maps were actually beautifully crafted.
Not if you bought a used copy *sniffle sniffle*...

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Dana22 said:
And so it begins, the parade of mediocre DLCs that should be included in the base game.
quoted for truth. I mean geeze, maybe there's some nice stuff in there but at least wait a month or two to renew interest in your game, not just piss people off straight out the door.

Rage.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Oh God... It just came out... really? And I thought Day 1 DLC was bad... wait, it is still bad...

*weeps*
Well it isn't out yet guys. It's a day 1 DLC announcement, not a day 1 DLC release.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT IN THIS COUNTRY YET AND THEY'RE ANNOUNCING DLC FOR IT.

I mean. Auurgh. Might as well have announced this three months ago when you MADE THE DLC, instead of waiting for your game to come out. Same difference.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Ekonk said:
WanderingFool said:

*weeps*
Well it isn't out yet guys. It's a day 1 DLC announcement, not a day 1 DLC release.
Doesn't matter, seeing like every review names lack of multiplayer maps as a major complain, hasty MP DLC just proves my point.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Ekonk said:
WanderingFool said:

*weeps*
It doesn't matter, the simple fact that they are announcing DLC this early is enough. DLC should generally be created entirely after the game is released and once it's been out a while. DLC like this which is finished right when the game is, is more like stuff they decided to cut from the game and decided to try and get you to pay more money for.

What's more with the way this was annouced right off the bat, it seems to me like this content might already be on the disc, and your just paying for an unlock.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Epic, what happen to you, guy? You used to be cool to us, used to treat us like bros. Remember the old days? Remember when map packs for Unreal Tournament 2k4 would come out and we'd be like "aww snap! Epic being epic"?

What the hell, dude? Why you punkin' your people with this nickel and dime for crap tack-ons? I know it's the thing to do these days, but you were better than this, man. I mean, c'mon.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
what the heck?!! my game got delayed in the mail because of "extreme weather conditions" so I don't even have my hands on it and they're telling me to get more money ready for DLC hurr no

how about adding cooperative gameplay?! then maybe I'll actually keep the game after I play it hahaa

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
nooooooo...
I thought this game would be different.
Fun, awesome, with good developers.
Why'd they have to do this
*sobs quietly in the corner*