Bulletstorm Dev Honors Yahtzee With Priceless Gift

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Bulletstorm Dev Honors Yahtzee With Priceless Gift

People Can Fly shows Yahtzee a little love with a very special shout out in Bulletstorm.

Despite the fact that he bashes pretty much every game he gets his hands on, our own Yahtzee has a wee bit of pull in the gaming community. Perhaps that's because developers recognize that beneath his crusty and malicious exterior beats the heart of a true lover of games - or perhaps it's just because they share his fascination with Branston Pickle. Then again, for Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly, it might have something to do with his influence on the buying public. His legendary review of the company's earlier title Painkiller [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller], in which he theorizes that the only way the gun that shoots shurikens and lightning could be more awesome was "if it had tits and was on fire" increased Amazon sales of the game by a staggering 7403 percent. (Nope, not a typo.)

People Can Fly wanted to show Yahtzee some appreciation and figured there was really no better way than by making one of Bulletstorm's guns even more awesome. The result, which you see pictured above, is an unlockable skin that bedecks the PMC with, what else? Tits and fire. (Yes, this is for real.)

Reacting to People Can Fly's homage to Mr. Croshaw, Mike Capps, president of Bulletstorm co-developer Epic Games, said, "Clearly we are striving to be better than even ourselves."

Clearly.

Deltroid

May 23, 2010
Oh god, this is brilliant. Truly Yahtzee's influence can be only be measured by hilariously awesome gestures like that.

They should have taken it further, and have a hot chick with her clothes on fire, at some point during the game hand you a weapon similar to that in Painkiller. With that paint tag on the gun.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Wow, okay, that is without question one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Tits and fire really DO make everything better.

Now I REALLY can't wait for Yahtzee's review of Bulletstorm, so he can comment on this.

Head Chef Dom

Nov 8, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha nice. I wonder if from now on developers of poor games will be including Yahtzee in a less-than-envious role for some petty revenge.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Flaming breasts don't really seem that appealing to me, but then again, maybe cannabalism is more of a Queensland thing.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Shoot, if only I had that kind of pull in the games industry. Sadly my leprechaun and plasma beam-shooting rifle that dispenses beer and Playboys will likely never see the light of day. Sigh.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
...in which he theorizes that the only way the gun that shoots shurikens and lightning could be more awesome was "if it had tits and was on fire" increased Amazon sales of the game by a staggering 7403 percent. (Nope, not a typo.)
Ha ha ha. Awesome. Even more reasons to buy this game.

Although, People Can Fly missed one linguistic bit on that: Yahtzee said the gun should be on fire, not the logo of the breasts painted on it. Still, nice nod and funny to boot.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Haha! that's really great. I'm glad that they took some of the best advice out there.
I love when developers and publishers do cool little things like this.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
That really does say it all.

Well done yahtzee, you've done well enough to have model skins made after you.
Also, major props to PCF for such a hilarious easter egg. I am now going to buy this.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm sure Yahtzee had a big goofy smirk on his face when he heard about this.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Isaac The Grape said:
This thread could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire.
Well maybe if it shot surikens and lightning...

Also, wow I hope Yahtzee reviews this game especially with all the crab fox news is kicking around.