The Escapist's Trailer Quiz

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
The Escapist's Trailer Quiz

Usually long before we ever get our hands on even a demo, trailers give us our first glimpses at some of the hottest upcoming titles. A good trailer will tease you, giving you just enough footage to get you interested but leaves you craving more.

This week's quiz tests not only your ability to identify some of the recent and best trailers, but also if you can recall details associated with them.

Fair warning: You can take this quiz as often as you like, but your time will be cumulative for your rankings on the leaderboard.

Click here to get started! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/138]

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Hah, may I just say I love your Avatar and the reference to BG2 in the quiz!

I found that surprisingly easy, I'm ranked second right now even though I wasted valuable time waiting for each clip to load, seeing as steam is eating all my bandwidth downloading Total War.

I suppose I just get interested in the right trailers.

Edit: Although I'm down to fourty-two or something now.

Apr 28, 2008
Who's number 2? I'm number 2!

Probably not for long, but screw it, I'm happy.

Also, Slynce, your time was 5163:15. Or something like that. How?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
9 out of 10. I'm not good with dates.

14th out of 40, I think that's the highest I've ever gotten.

May 25, 2010
Number 4 currently. I'm satisfied. How coy of you Escapist. You almost had me there for a second.
I couldn't remember that Digital Illusions CE was DICE, even though I already knew the clip was from Bad Company 2. Eeesh.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Irridium said:
Also, Slynce, your time was 5163:15. Or something like that. How?
Something broke when I first created it, so my entry got stuck apparently for a while, heh.

CpnChaos said:
Is there a way we can watch the movie without retaking the quiz?
Sure, I'll embed it here.

[video=2807]

laryri

May 19, 2008
Slycne said:
(video snip)
But then can't people come here first and get all the answers before starting the quiz? Also, the top guy has 25 seconds, but I had a 30 second ad on the video when I did the quiz, what gives?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
laryri said:
Slycne said:
(video snip)
But then can't people come here first and get all the answers before starting the quiz?
Would they really need too? Anyways, im currently 17th, and I could have been 35 seconds faster if not for that fucking Rift commercial...

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
laryri said:
Slycne said:
(video snip)
But then can't people come here first and get all the answers before starting the quiz? Also, the top guy has 25 seconds, but I had a 30 second ad on the video when I did the quiz, what gives?
I'm not too worried about that. The video has no context without the questions and half of them are not simply identify this game.

As for insanely fast times, not pointing fingers but either some people are really really fast or they are mining answers on a second account.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I just hit 11th on the leaderboard despite taking 2 attempts to get 100%. I guess not having to rewatch the video speeds things up a bit.

Yay me!

Oh, apparently the lack of adverts helps, giving Pub Club members a distinct advantage.

Also, it can be done quicker than the video, assuming a decent internet connection and the ability to get the right answer on a single second of exposure to any trailer. (i.e. clicking ahead to speed the trailer along)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 90%, with 9 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Escapist's Trailer Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/138-The-Escapists-Trailer-Quiz]
90%? Really? I'm surprised I did so well because I had difficulty remembering which clip was which so I ended up guessing for the most part.