From Bizarre Creations' Ashes Comes Lucid Games

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
From Bizarre Creations' Ashes Comes Lucid Games

Bizarre Creations may be gone, but several of its employees have started up a new company and are looking to hire a lot more people.

It was a sad day when Bizarre Creations was shut down earlier this month, an event that became especially heartbreaking when <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107855-Bizarre-Creations-Says-a-Video-Goodbye>the company released a farewell video. Now, however, it's been revealed that some former Bizarre employees have formed a new game development studio known as Lucid Games.

According to the new company's managing director, Pete Wallace, "With the great history of Bizarre behind us, we are proud to be part of Lucid and are committed to the UK game development community."

The company is currently receiving some financial help from Liverpool Vision, an economic company that knows just how talented a studio Bizarre was. "It should be stressed that Bizarre was very successful and Activision's actions were driven by global economics and not by any failure of the creative talent based in Liverpool," said Liverpool Vision's industry director Steve Smith.

For the moment, Lucid is expected to create and fill over 50 new jobs. The studio's currently accepting résumés via email and will be on hand at GDC next week to recruit in person.

Source: Joystiq

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Yay I hope they finally release a Geometry Wars game for PS3 :D I was gutted when I heard about Bizarre being shut down.

I have no doubt things will work out for those guys.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I would be a little more enthusiastic if I actually played their stuff, but Geometry Wars always did look like it could be fun.

Apr 28, 2008
Wouldn't it be funny if it was bought by Activision?

Oh wait, no that would be sad.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I'm glad to hear that they're not just giving up. It's nice to see that they're going to try and come back as a successful new company.

I don't know if anyone else noticed the spelling error on this article, but in the last paragraph it says "Lucide" instead of "Lucid"

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Stammer said:
I'm glad to hear that they're not just giving up. It's nice to see that they're going to try and come back as a successful new company.

I don't know if anyone else noticed the spelling error on this article, but in the last paragraph it says "Lucide" instead of "Lucid"
Got it, sir. Thanks very much. Feel free to message me directly if you catch something else; I'll get that note faster :)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Hopefully they have the rights to produce more Geometry Wars...