Serious Sam 3 To Fund Breast Enhancement Surgery

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Serious Sam 3 To Fund Breast Enhancement Surgery

Saying a game will sell well enough to get your wife the "tit job" she's been after is a cheap way to get attention, but it works.

The Serious Sam series has been trying to out-crass the likes of Duke Nukem ever since it debuted in 2002. Now that the Duke is returning, and games like Bulletstorm appear to be selling well, the Croatian developer Croteam decided to cash in on the crassfest that's the game industry in 2011. The next iteration will be Serious Sam 3: BFE and will feature Sam "Serious" Stone in an origin story of what happened before the events of the first game. There will be hordes of beasts and mercenaries attacking Earth to shoot with up to 16 of your friends in a massive co-op campaign. Croteam also released the first official screenshots for the game this weekend which shows off "Scrapjacks" and "Khnum" in the bombed-out buildings of Egypt in the 2100s. Serious Sam 3: BFE is due out this summer on PC and "consoles" although Xbox 360 and PS3 version aren't yet confirmed.

[gallery=145]

"Serious Sam 3 is about pure fun and unfiltered action," said Davor Hunski, the chief creative officer at Croteam. "We wanted to expand on everything gamers love about the series while adding some genuinely unique new features to really enhance the mayhem Serious Sam is known for."

Then the financial guy took over the press release with Fork Parker saying, "Holy crap, I am going to make a boatload of cash off this game. I mean that's what this is all about, right? If this thing comes out in the summer my wife is totally getting the tit job she's been asking for."

Care to elaborate on that, Mr. Parker? After all, you are the chief financial officer of major European game studio. Surely there must be something of substance you can add to the press release?

"Bam. Tit job," he replied.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like how videogames are being represented nowadays. I did snicker when I read Parker's joke - dear god I hope it's a joke - but I hope that this trend gets the backlash it deserves pretty soon. There is something just off about catering to each Fox News sycophant's worst fears about gaming that rubs me the wrong way. Aren't we, as an industry, trying to achieve something better than dicktits?

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/291184/news/serious-sam-3-will-fund-my-wifes-tt-job-says-boss/]

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Maybe they are going back to when the FPS genre was about being fun and not serious at all? I would love that. Sure, some things might go a bit far and might be a step back, but I'd take fun, not socially-accepted games over games being accepted and them all being serious and boring.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
well those screens look impressive, I still want to see some vid footage tho

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Really? "Bam. Titjob"? You're the CFO of a company! You're representing the company! Just... I don't have words to... Fucking hell...

It's great to have a game with no seriousness (har har har, I know, serious sam joke) but do you have to be THAT crass? Be professional about your game, just make your job fun and enjoyable and over the top

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Personally I prefer small and natural breasts to huge and fake ones. Tit jobs are the cancer of the modern world.

Also, CFO's don't say this kind of thing.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
This was one of those things where I can't help but think "Surely, surely there is some piece of context I am missing. I will check the source!" However there is nothing there that sheds light on this, rather random.

Oh well, Serious Sam 3 is looking awesome though! Can't wait.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ekonk said:
Tit jobs are the cancer of the modern world.
Slightly insensitive considering we still have cancer, and breast cancer no less.

On a side note, I actually think that was well played. It's deliberately playing into the kind of adolescent, instant gratification culture games are presumed to contribute to, and I'm sure the mainstream media will be foaming about it, but irony can be a useful weapon in these circumstances.

In short, I think the guy is just trollin', and he's getting free marketing as a result.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
After the serious dissapointment that Bulletstorm was, I'm seriously waiting for Serious Sam 3.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
this isnt my name said:
"Holy crap, I am going to make a boatload of cash off this game. I mean that's what this is all about, right?"

And suddenly I put this dev on my "do not buy" list.
You have to remember that he works in finance. He's not really a developer, and his entire job is about money.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
evilthecat said:
Ekonk said:
Tit jobs are the cancer of the modern world.
Slightly insensitive considering we still have cancer, and breast cancer no less.

On a side note, I actually think that was well played (assuming he's not being serious, in which case eyes will be rolled). There's a difference between actually being a dipshit and ironically sending up the kind of adolescent, instant gratification culture games are presumed to contribute to.

In short, I think the guy is just trollin', and he's getting free marketing as a result.
I didn't mean that breast enhancement is the new cancer, as I'm sure you understand.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Icehearted said:
Reminds me of Acclaim's old stunts. Ah, Acclaim... what happened to them again?
Now they're publishing korean MMOs. Yeah, poor Acclaim... you will be missed.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ekonk said:
I didn't mean that breast enhancement is the new cancer, as I'm sure you understand.
I know, I was making a throwaway comment about your use of hyperbole to highlight how it made me feel uncomfortable. It's not a big deal though.

Heck, time was when breast implants used to cause cancer.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
i kinda like this stunt. It's not like he makes the game "only" for the money. If i where to make a game, i would want some money. Enough to pay everything that was used making the game, then some more to pay all the salaries and then even more for me. If my share of the sales are just about enough to pay for a breast enlargement, i'd say we have found the least greedy ceo of everything.

This stunt can hardly be attacked from a moral standpoint, since he cleverly said his wife wanted this Operation and no one, not even a feminist, has any right to tell her what she does with her body.

So this is a publicity stunt that will get some headlines without any moral backlash. Nice!

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Great, another publicity stunt that puts gamers on edge of backlash.
Seriously, I understand that stirring controversy is a way to garner interest, but Parker really seems to just be trying to hard.
Also, if you are the damn CFO we expect you to take your job just a little bit seriously.