Fill Out Your March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown Bracket Today

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Fill Out Your March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown Bracket Today

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/mybracket/21/]

March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown is back, so fill out your bracket for a chance at one of multiple gaming laptops thanks to our sponsor, Alienware!

March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown is an exclusive event on The Escapist where the top 64 game developers go head-to-head in an elimination style tournament to see who comes out on top. Who makes the call on which developers make it to the next round? People like you from around the world! Developers will be relying on your votes to progress through the tournament and take home the March Mayhem title. Last year, the Final Round brought Valve a victory over a very difficult match-up against Firaxis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133386-Valve-Crowned-the-Winner-of-March-Mayhem-2014]. From upsets to blowouts, nobody knows what will happen this year, but we guarantee it will be fun to watch and participate!

There are multiple ways to enter but you get 25 entries just for filling out your own bracket. Don't worry, we have plenty of information to help you make your decision. To begin filling out your bracket register here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/mybracket/5] or or [fblogin]Sign In with Facebook[/fblogin], then click the link above.

For all new members of The Escapist, there are current community members standing by in this thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/539.262433-Welcome-to-The-Escapist-Community-Members-are-Standing-by-to-Help-You-Click-Here] to answer any questions you may have or show you what The Escapist has to offer. After all, March Mayhem is fun but only a small part of why current community members call The Escapist their online home.

For all of the rules of March Mayhem, visit the main March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown page by clicking here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/rules/5]. Good luck!

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Some of these brackets will be hard to pick: I mean "Double Fine" versus "Valve" ? That's will be sad to eliminate one of those already at the first round :(

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Beyond the choosing-betwixt-children (Double-Fine vs. Valve? Gah!) and the truly unfair (Mojang vs Nintendo? Noooo!), this is a good selection you've got here. Bracket = filled.

I see Zynga is here again. You guys are masochistic.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Fuck, these are good line ups, I can't decide a winner for any of them...

I can't decide... it will take too long to fully fill these out... ech.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
The listings under 'games' seems a little strange to me. A lot of developers are missing some of their older (yet still widely praised) releases, whilst Silent Hill and Final Fantasy VII are clearly labelled under their respective developers. That seems confusing. Also, I don't believe The World Ends With You is technically a Square Enix game but rather it was developed by the makers of the Professor Layton games.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
The Zynga/Cryptic one was easy - Cryptic
Same with Valve/Double Fine - Double Fine

The only one that game me trouble was the Voltion/Gearbox one. THAT was hard to pick from.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dear god that was masochistic. Some of those choices were down right mean, but a good match up.

Nonetheless, GO BLIZZARD!

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
i had trouble with a whole bunch of them i had to build some rules to pick between them but valve came out on top after a tough battle with the Bioware doctors

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
/cry
Totally not fair to put Mojang next to Nintendo...
I mean Mojang was ultimately gonna lose to Valve, Blizzard, or Bioware eventually but giving it a pretty much instant K.O. is cruel.

Oh well, Bioware ftw!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Hmm... Completely by accident I ended up with Bioware vs. Valve at the end. Again. Time for an upset, people?

Apr 28, 2008
Even though they won't get far(if they get past round 1 I'll be amazed), I vote for CD Projeckt Red. Releasing a DRM free game these days is just astounding, and should be commended. Add on to the fact that its a deep, stat-based RPG with a true branching story, and you got yourself a type of game that you just don't see anymore.

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Beyond the choosing-betwixt-children (Double-Fine vs. Valve? Gah!) and the truly unfair (Mojang vs Nintendo? Noooo!), this is a good selection you've got here. Bracket = filled.

I see Zynga is here again. You guys are masochistic.
Unfair? There is Zynga against cryptic! How is that more fair? I fear that \b\ will be called again.

Dec 14, 2009
Mojang will be the dark horse I think, but will ultimately fall to Valve/Bioware.

Hopefully, Zynga won't get past the first round.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Alright guys its time for another March Mayhem, lets have a good clean competition this year. I don't want to see us fly off at the Zynga people again, remember we the Escapist community represent the best gamer culture has to offer (yay elitism)

Also, when will Paradox Interactive finally be allowed to compete? I absolutly love Victoria 2.

Aw Well Go Bioware!!!!!

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I'm debating putting Zynga over Bioware in round 4. It shouldn't happen, but I just get the feeling that it will.

I wasn't posting last march mayham, but from what I saw the forums went to hell the entire time it was going on. I'm guessing 98% of the people who vote for Zynga post once and never post again.

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure Zynga will dominate due to the Facebook logins until they inevitably clash swords with Blizzard.

A little unfair that Mojang was paired up with Nintendo... but that'll just make things more interesting.

As far as an overall winner, I'm sticking to my guns and voting Valve again.