Play the Demo and Enter to Win Total War: Shogun 2

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Play the Demo and Enter to Win Total War: Shogun 2

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Shogun2Demo]

Would you like to try to win a copy of Total War: Shogun 2? It's easy and you get a hands-on look at the game. Play the demo, answer our questions and enter your name into a random prize drawing for one of two copies of Total War: Shogun 2 for your PC!

It is the middle of the 16th century in Medieval Japan. The country, once ruled by a unified government, is now split into many warring clans. The player takes on the role of one Daimyo - the clan leader - and will use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal: re-unite Japan under his supreme command and become the new Shogun - the undisputed ruler of Japan.

Set during the golden age of Samurai warfare, Shogun 2 brings to life the most turbulent period of Japanese history. And we have 2 copies to give away! You must be 13 years old and currently reside in the United States to participate.

For more details on how to enter, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Shogun2Demo] and good luck!

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Maybe if the demo wasn't 20 freaking GB.

Edit Ok 6 GB, I got 20 from somewhere though...

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It's almost six, for me that just isn't an option. The 2 gigs for Dragon Age 2 was really pushing it.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Awwwwwwwww U.S only again.. What actually prevents you from opening them up for us europeans? There are a lot of here after all :)

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Tried the demo, didn't like it.

They should go back to "CONQUER THE WHOLE WORLD WHAT IS THIS DIPLOMACY YOU SPEAK OF" feel that rome had.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Yeah, I'd love to participate if I'd live in the US and had a decent Internet connection...It'll take a lot of time to download this demo. Though I am thinking of getting the game itself...looks promising so far.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Ugh, US only, again?

I'll likely get the game anyway, but still, would be nice to have a chance at winning it.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Who the prizes go to depends on who the company is trying to attract for this particular event. We have no say over the matter.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Six gigabytes? Well, that's one huge demo. I'm already downloading Crysis II and Dragon Age II ones (today i got a new, 6mb unlimited internet, after years of struggle with 10gb 1mb, yaaay!), so it'll have to wait.

Klitch

Jan 8, 2011
Hmm is it just me or are the even numbered questions asking for the wrong answer? I'm about 95% positive I put down the correct answer (and every permutation of the correct answer I could think of) for all the questions but only the odd numbered ones are being counted as "correct".

As a college student with a focus in Japanese history, it's pretty pathetic that I can't get the question about the Japanese name for ""The age of the country at war" correct.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
The irony being that the Creative Assembly are a UK-based studio yet UK residents can't compete.

Spinwhiz said:
Who the prizes go to depends on who the company is trying to attract for this particular event. We have no say over the matter.
Well that's legitmately disappointing. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to attract European customers as well.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]Maybe if the demo wasn't 20 freaking GB.

Edit Ok 6 GB, I got 20 from somewhere though...
Thats the full game size, hence where you got it from.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Klitch said:
Hmm is it just me or are the even numbered questions asking for the wrong answer? I'm about 95% positive I put down the correct answer (and every permutation of the correct answer I could think of) for all the questions but only the odd numbered ones are being counted as "correct".

As a college student with a focus in Japanese history, it's pretty pathetic that I can't get the question about the Japanese name for ""The age of the country at war" correct.
I'm getting the same problem. I'm sure my answers aren't wrong, and it's too much of a coincidence that it's only on even numbered questions. It seems to be bugged.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
FightThePower said:
The irony being that the Creative Assembly are a UK-based studio yet UK residents can't compete.

Spinwhiz said:
Well that's legitmately disappointing. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to attract European customers as well.
Well, different publishers have different events running in different parts of the world. So it probably not that they aren't doing anything for any European fans, just not with The Escapist.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Klitch said:

Me too. No idea whats up? Anyone actually able to complete it?

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Aw, come the fuck on! I know it isn't your fault, mean ole nasty companies, then mean ole nasty publishers et cetera, but just ONCE I'd like a chance to enter one of these contests.

What the hell, guys? The UK isn't some destroyed state in the Eastern Bloc, we're a country of nearly 70 million people, one of the strongest nations around, and we control the world's largest financial city. With these important facts in mind, GIMME ALL THE PRIZE GOODIES.

And a slice of pie.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Aha, right, thanks for clearing that up for me

Kooma

Nov 8, 2010
I'm having the same issues with questions 2, 4 and 6 not being correct regardless of how I type my awnser. It's silly because the questions are so specific that there can only be one awnser. Didn't have problems with the other questions though. Still, I don't like being unable to enter the contest because of a bugged question box. 8 and 10 do have working awnsers though so it's not every even question.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Do you have a say if there is an error in the quiz?

Myself and others in this thread are having trouble getting questions 2, 4, and 6 to read "correct" even though we know the answer.

The answers to these questions ask for japanese words. I don't know if its a spelling issue, but I hope you can check into this.

(Doubt it is...I copied the spelling of number 4's answer right from the Demo itself...)