Check Out The Promising Battle: L.A. Game Trailer

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Check Out The Promising Battle: L.A. Game Trailer

[sonypictures feed="http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/battlelosangeles.xml" clip=3144]​

Believe it or not, this movie tie-in game doesn't look too bad.

It feels like it was just last week when Konami revealed that it would be publishing a tie-in game for the movie Battle: Los Angeles. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107898-Rumor-Battle-Los-Angeles-Storming-Game-Stores>Oh, wait, it was. Well, guess what? Konami's released a trailer for the game, as well as some release details, and it looks like this game might just be better than gamers expect tie-ins to be.

Battle: L.A., it turns out, isn't going to be available in stores. Instead, the game is coming to Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network. Based on the trailer, it looks like this will be an FPS title that casts players as soldiers fighting off the alien invasion of Los Angeles. Environments look like standard post-apocalyptic urban scenarios, though one sequence shows what appears to be an alien spaceship. A couple of scenes showcase destructible surroundings, too, but it isn't entirely obvious just how interactive the game's environments actually are.

Visually, Battle: L.A doesn't look terrible, though it's hard to tell how solid the visuals are based on how little is actually on display. Presumably there will be a multiplayer feature involved in the game, but that hasn't been revealed yet; neither has a price point nor specific release date. Currently, the game is due out sometime this month, probably close to the film's March 11th opening. Hopefully the game will good, but previous tie-ins leave me cautious at best.

Source: <a href=http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Battle-Los-Angeles-Video-Game-Trailer-and-Release-Details/8527>The HD Room

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'll try a demo. And since XBLA makes demos 100% mandatory, I'm hoping my PS3 can get a demo, too.

Fuck, I'll try a demo of anything. I even played the Ice Age 3 demo.

The movie looks terrible, though.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Doesn't look like anything special to me. But it looks like there's an option to play as either the aliens or the humans. Hopefully they can pull that off better than the Reign of Fire game did.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
It looks like a mod of Black Ops or MW2 (if that were possible for it)... Are there any details on the pricing?

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks the narrator at the beginning sounds like Christopher Walken?

I think it's just the awkward pauses.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
believer258 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll try a demo. And since XBLA makes demos 100% mandatory, I'm hoping my PS3 can get a demo, too.

The movie looks terrible, though.
I don't think the movie is meant to be mind-bendingly amazing, just another Hollywood popcorn thriller that I'll rent, watch while eating pizza, then promptly return the next day. One enjoyable viewing, then it's over.

But then, I'm the guy that really liked Transformers and though that the prequel trilogy was good enough. My standards for movies aren't incredibly high. I can tell bad acting from good, but bad acting doesn't really bother me.
I rarely bother watching GOOD movies. So, I don't bother with mediocre or "so bad it's good", or just bad movies.

So, this is something I will never see without amazing reviews. And even those can lie...Fucking WALL-E.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I haven't even seen anything promising about the MOVIE, let alone its obligatory tie-in game.

My prediction: The movie hits #1 on opening weekend (because, seriously, March is not exactly a "hot month" for movie releases), gets panned in reviews, and sees at least a 50% drop for second-week earnings. I can't even find enough about the game in this trailer to make an off-the-cuff guess for it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'd never take this over Crysis 2, but it looks better than most licensed games.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Any good?
Better than you'd think. Solid platforming, multiple characters. Rather good for kids.
I may look into this...
Judging from your profile, I'm not sure that PS3 has a demo.

But Toy Story 3 is supposed to be fantastic for kids and even adults, with it's freeform playbox mode.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Its the opposite from quite good its quite aweful looking and thats just the start of it apart from it being an fps to begin with.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Any good?
Better than you'd think. Solid platforming, multiple characters. Rather good for kids.
I may look into this...

But Toy Story 3 is supposed to be fantastic for kids and even adults, with it's freeform playbox mode.
Never the less, I shall check for Ice Age 3. Failing that, I shall move to Toy Story 3!
Now onwards! To VICTORY!!!

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Any good?
I may look into this...

Never the less, I shall check for Ice Age 3. Failing that, I shall move to Toy Story 3!
The world needs to know that not all movie games are shit!

Hopefully, Battle: L.A. won't be, either. I could use a cheap, down-loadable FPS.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andrew_Mac said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Any good?
I may look into this...

The world needs to know that not all movie games are shit!

Hopefully, Battle: L.A. won't be, either. I could use a cheap, down-loadable FPS.
Black ops is on steam to download?.