Boba Fett Plays Zelda Tunes on the Subway

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Boba Fett Plays Zelda Tunes on the Subway

Two geeky fandoms collide, thanks to a mechanical engineering student in New York City.

Even the most skilled bounty hunter will sometimes hit a dry spell, and as you can see, that's exactly what's happened to Boba Fett, the most feared manhunter in the Star Wars universe. Luckily, Fett has his accordion skills to fall back on, and apparently a repertoire of videogame songs as well.

In this instance, Fett's playing "Saria's Song," which first appeared in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and allowed you to talk to Link's childhood friend, Saria, over great distances. It's also the background music as you explore the game's Lost Woods. The song actually sounds rather good played on an accordion, although the commuters on the subway station don't seem to be taking that much notice.

Of course, it's not really Boba Fett playing, it's actual mechanical engineering student Nathan Stodala. Stodala's accordion playing helps support him at college, and he says that he does a great deal better when he's wearing the mask. When he's not playing the accordion, he likes to build trebuchets and musical instruments that make sound out of fire, and no, that isn't a joke.

You can find more of Stodala's music on his YouTube account [http://www.youtube.com/renegadeaccordion#p/u], although this particular video was actually shot by Australian filmmaker Shahriar Shadab [http://www.youtube.com/user/shadamation#p/u].

Source: Nerdist [http://www.nerdist.com/2011/02/boba-fett-plus-accordion-plus-legend-of-zelda-equals-this/]

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
That is the single coolest thing I've seen in quite a while. Words cannot even describe.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
*checks music vids*
He's played Safety Dance, Our House, Carry on My Wayward Son...and bloiting Back to the Future music....I declare him even more awesome now!

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Haha, awesomer. And yeah, it sounds really good. I'd give this guy cash just for wearing the mask.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
therandombear said:
*checks music vids*
He's played Safety Dance, Our House, Carry on My Wayward Son...and bloiting Back to the Future music....I declare him even more awesome now!

Aaahahaha, Boba-Fet Safety Dance on this instrument! Me and my friends have a new themesong.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Too much win for one video, that is seriously the best thing I have seen in a long time XD

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Archindar said:
I guess bounty hunting is not paying so well anymore
SA-FUCKING-NAP!

OT: This damn song is still as catchy as the day I first heard it. The only Zelda song I can think og that is more catchy is "Song of Storms" for me.
Freaking beautiful :D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
If I ever go to NY and see him playing that song in the subway, I am so given his my spare changes and more! (I love Saria song!)

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Archindar said:
SA-FUCKING-NAP!

OT: This damn song is still as catchy as the day I first heard it. The only Zelda song I can think og that is more catchy is "Song of Storms" for me.
Freaking beautiful :D
I love music like this, where one person plays many parts, although it does scare me that people have that much time on their hands.

I quite like this one as well, maybe not as catchy, but certainly awesome.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Boba Fett and Zelda? That is so wrong!

So why does it feel so right?!

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Wow. Geekdom can generate nice things. I woudl have paid that man a hundred bucks for making my day.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Archindar said:
Well, that's today's economy for you. New Republic credits aren't much value anymore.