The Escapist at PAX East 2011

Kelly Helder

Apr 19, 2010
The Escapist at PAX East 2011

If you are attending PAX East this weekend, be sure to check out The Escapist's panels and movie nights! With LoadingReadyRun, MovieBob, Shamus Young, Susan Arendt and Greg Tito.

We are very excited to be participating in PAX East this year with an array of exciting events where we hope to see you! Don't miss The Escapist's Movie Night on Friday with LRR, MovieBob and Shamus Young, or LRR's Screen Block on Saturday. Please check out the schedule below for all our panel and movie night information.

Friday
D&D Edition Wars
2:00pm - 3:00pm in the Merman Theatre

Join Dungeons & Dragons experts Ed Stark, Christopher Perkins and Kevin Kulp as they analyze and discuss the different editions' gameplay innovation, Role Play integration, pros, cons and their general favorite aspects of the game. All things D&D will be fair game as they try to determine which edition is the ultimate D&D experience. Moderated by Greg Tito, Games Editor of The Escapist.

Panelists include: Greg Tito [Games Editor, The Escapist], Ed Stark [Former Lead Designer, Wizards of the Coast], Christopher Perkins [Senior Producer for D&D, Wizards of the Coast] and Kevin Kulp [Admin of EN World and independent game designer]

The Escapist Movie Night
9:30pm - 12:00am in the Wyvern Theatre

Join LRR, MovieBob, Shamus Young, Susan Arendt and Greg Tito to watch your favorite web series, including world-premiere episodes of Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits and Anthony Saves the World! There will also be hysterical episodes of Escape to the Movies and Top 5 with Lisa Foiles, a Daily Drop montage, and more. Don't miss this great opportunity to enjoy the best series on the web live with all your friends!

Saturday
Females on Female Characters
3:00pm - 4:00pm in the Wyvern Theatre

Join Susan Arendt, Kathleen de Vere, AJ Glasser, Tracey John and Trina Schwimmer as they discuss what they embrace in female fictional characters and why these attributes are important. They will identify their favorite characters and how they would like more heroines with similar attributes integrated into Geek culture. This fresh, positive approach to female characters shouldn't be missed.

Panelists include: Susan Arendt [Senior Editor, The Escapist], Kathleen De Vere [Actor, LoadingReadyRun], Tracey John [Writer, The Daily], Trina Schwimmer [Founder, GamingAngels.com], AJ Glasser [News Editor, GamePro]

The LoadingReadyRun Panel
7:30pm - 8:30pm in the Wyvern Theatre
LoadingReadyRun, manufacturers of the finest internet comedy, have sent a delegation to the forbidden wilds of the east coast for one, single purpose: Answering your questions and being generally amusing for your entertainment. LoadingReadyRun produces Unskippable, LoadingReadyRun, and Daily Drop for the Escapist Magazine, and runs the annual Desert Bus Fundraising Marathon in support of Child's Play.

The LoadingReadyRun Screening Block
9:30pm - 11:30pm in the Wyvern Theatre
In what has become a PAX tradition for LRR, join Graham, Paul and Kathleen as they provide live creator commentary on a bunch of their videos. It's a really fun time for everyone, come on by!

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
Sweetness. I'll definitely be at both screening blocks and the LRR panel. Can't wait to meet you folks from the Escapist.

Kelly Helder

Apr 19, 2010
PAX East is in Boston :) PAX Prime, which is August 26-28, is in Seattle. It's too soon to tell what exactly we will be doing at the Prime, but I'm sure it will be amazing!

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Yes internet, thank you so much for doing nothing but taunt me about how I waited too long to make plans for PAX. *sadface*

So... anybody know how to time travel back in time a few weeks?

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
I'll save everybody some time on the DnD panel: 3.

You're welcome.

3rd rid us of THAC0 (which was painfully counterintuitive).
3rd was the first (with DnD) to open-source.
3rd was about as balanced as could be expected and more balanced than any others.
3rd was easier on the DM without dumbing things down too much.
3rd was produced by a WotC with passion prior to Hasbro depriving them of their soul and Gamecenter.
3rd was far and away the most fun!

I am willing to hear from those for 3.5, though I must say that I include 3.5 as a part of 3rd.

zadra

Mar 2, 2011
Females on female characters... I definitely want to attend! I'll be at PAX with my charity organization. Still using gaming for the better of humanity after having my mother taken from me. (I'm the weight loss Samus girl you guys featured last week!)

This really sounds like something inspirational I'd like to attend.

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
AHHH seriously F*** Britan. We never get anything like this :(. Could i just move to America and bunk down in the Escapist building :p. Oh well, PAX is sounding good, i hope it goes well for everyone involved.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Will you be uploading vids maybe :3 I'd love to come but some bozo put an ocean in the way.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
If you're attending, please definitely make sure you say hi! I always get PMs after events like this from people saying "I wanted to say hi, but was too shy." Don't be! We love meeting you guys! :)

Yes, that was a lot of exclamation points, but I really am excited about this weekend.

Brainstrain

Oct 3, 2009
Last year's women in gaming panel was really bland. It was just "hi, I'm a woman in gaming. Sexism sucks, but we don't blame all males. Any questions?"

"DO YOU BLAME ALL MALES?"
*Microphone feedback*

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Brainstrain said:
Last year's women in gaming panel was really bland. It was just "hi, I'm a woman in gaming. Sexism sucks, but we don't blame all males. Any questions?"

"DO YOU BLAME ALL MALES?"
*Microphone feedback*
Well, this year's panel was many things, but I guarantee you, "bland" wasn't one of 'em. :)

Brainstrain

Oct 3, 2009
All in all, the panels were AMAZING this year. And no lines. I probably spent 85% less time in line than last year (only times I were in line were for the Omegathon finale, at opening, and to get into the Bill Amend panel. Which wasn't necessary, it turns out; the theater was only 40% full).