Pro Wrestler Pitches Perfect Game in MLB 2K11, Wins Nothing

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Pro Wrestler Pitches Perfect Game in MLB 2K11, Wins Nothing

Michael Manna, better known as professional wrestler Stevie Richards, has thrown the first perfect game in 2K Sports' Major League Baseball 2K11 [http://www.amazon.com/Major-League-Baseball-2K11-Xbox-360/dp/B004CDGG4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299770679&sr=8-1] - but he won't win the million dollar prize because the contest hasn't started yet.

In January, 2K Sports announced the return of the $1 million prize [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106755-Pitch-a-Perfect-Game-Win-a-Million-Bucks-With-MLB-2K11] for the first person to pitch a verifiable perfect game in MLB 2K11, which came out on March 8. The same contest ran in 2010 and although the marketing mileage was cut a little short when the prize was claimed on the very first day, that didn't stop 2K from taking another swing at it.

Predictably, the same thing happened this year: on March 8, the same day that MLB 2K11 came out, Stevie Richards, the master of the YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iswIyS6yuIE]. And then he didn't win a million bucks.

2K decided to put a little pepper on it this year, you see, by having the contest begin not on launch day, as it did last year, but on Major League Baseball's opening day - which doesn't happen until April 1. It's a boon for everyone who weren't able to pick up the game as soon as stores open on launch day, but it sure is a kick in the junk - followed by a double-knee facebreaker and a trash can to the head - for poor Stevie.

via: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/09/pro-wrestler-pitches-first-known-perfect-mlb-2k11-game-wins-not]

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
That's real sad, but everything happens for a reason.

Bieber aside, it sucks that it didn't count - but them's the rules.
he could probably do it again, anyhow.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm sure it's just because I've been spoiled by The Show, but while watching that video, the only thing I could notice was how terrible Halladay's pitching animation was. It wasn't really close to his in real life, and it's also one that The Show team captured brilliantly as of last year.

As for pitching the perfect game...good luck in doing it again Mr. Big Muscle Person.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
What can you say? If the contest hasn't started, the contest hasn't started?

Premature Celebration?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Marter said:
I'm sure it's just because I've been spoiled by The Show, but while watching that video, the only thing I could notice was how terrible Halladay's pitching animation was. It wasn't really close to his in real life, and it's also one that The Show team captured brilliantly as of last year.

As for pitching the perfect game...good luck in doing it again Mr. Big Muscle Person.
The MLB 2K games are the lesser baseball sim. I got burned by them two years in a row ('07 and '08 I think) when they were full of awful bugs like ones that caused catchers not to catch and outfielders to run through walls and get stuck. I've still yet to try any of The Show games.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
DustyDrB said:
The MLB 2K games is the lesser baseball sim. I got burned by them two years in a row ('07 and '08 I think) when they were full of awful bugs like ones that caused catchers not to catch and outfielders to run through walls and get stuck. I've still yet to try any of The Show games.
I know they're worse, but their analog control is something that was a good idea--good enough that The Show stole it this year. >_>

I played one of them, but have stuck with The Show since '06. They're really good games, and don't have anywhere near those levels of bugs. Recommended if you have a PS3/PSP/PS2.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
Richards just can't catch a break man...

1) he never won th'gorram ECW title even though he was one of th'most talented individuals in that organization, and had heart in spades...

2) WWE treated him like a joke..th'only real thing they let him do was his "Right to Censor" deal, and that never really went anywhere...hell th'man worked with a damaged throat (legitimately, not story) for years...

3) After meetin' th'man at Hardcore Justice, i really got even more respect for him and all the other ECW originals....

with him not even workin' th'wrestlin' world anymore ('least not to my knowledge) that money definately woulda been Karma workin' for 'em....

just not right man....

PS...Richards was a light-heavyweight...not a "Big Muscle Person"

Sep 14, 2009
lol man i feel bad..that sucks for him, i'd be fist pumpin like crazy after a game like that..

sucks to suck, but nothing he can do i suppose..

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Some rasslers just can't catch a break. Most of them, really. Richards got a lot farther than most.

And yes, he can always take another crack at it. I hope he pulls it off, I think it'd be a cool way to wrap up the story.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Well Stevie..guess it's time to give a few of the Producers at EA a Stevie Kick. Then while your at it give the marketing department several Stevie Bomb's as well as Stevie Kicks.

HappyDD

Jul 14, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
but it sure is a kick in the junk - followed by a double-knee facebreaker and a trash can to the head - for poor Stevie.
Now THAT is some funny shit! Poor Stevie, I just looked over his wiki page and the guy could have used that million.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
This is trash, he should have got it, Its like they just added that last bit on, i might have missed it, but i did not see anything in the tv adds that said the contest doesn't start tell the start of baseball season.

Now on the start of baseball season, we can look forword to youtube getting spammed with videos of people's baseball game that they made at one in the morning trying to win that cash.