Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Giveaway

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Giveaway

Halo fans will unite to defy the Covenant with the worldwide launch of the Defiant Map Pack beginning today, March 15, available exclusively on Xbox LIVE. Even better, we have five to give away to The Escapist community.

Available TODAY on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points, the Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack introduces three stunning new battlefields for the most critically acclaimed shooter of 2010, and includes all-new Achievements worth a total of 150 Gamerscore. With maps set on a giant orbital station high above the burning surface of the planet, hidden inside the forest of a military wilderness training facility, and dug into the remnants of a civilian mining site, the Defiant Map Pack brings awesome new environments for Firefight matches and all competitive multiplayer modes.

Luckily for members of The Escapist, we have five to give away!

All you have to do is be at least 18 years of age and be a current member of The Escapist to submit your entry. For all the rules and how to enter, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DefiantPack]. Good luck!

Apr 28, 2008
Oh crap, it comes(or came out I guess) out today?!

Don't know how I let it sneak up on me like that.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Oooh, shiny maps.

I would never pay for them or anything, but, I really would not mind getting them for free.
LOL same here :p

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Oooh, shiny maps.

I would never pay for them or anything, but, I really would not mind getting them for free.
But there's no such thing as a free lunch... IT'S A TRAP!

(That doesn't mean that I won't enter)

Also, saying that a Halo map pack is exclusive to Xbox live is somewhat redundant, heh.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I remember back when maps were free. Having a giveaway for them shows we are in a sad state in gamerdom.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Roboto said:
I remember back when maps were free. Having a giveaway for them shows we are in a sad state in gamerdom.
You know, I loved how Bungie did it back in the day. If you want it immediately, then you pay a little something to recur the costs that went into their development. After a year or so, it's free, because almost everyone who really cares will already have it by then.

Personally, I think the vast majority of DLC like map packs should be like that. I'd download the CoD2 map packs right now and play around with them, but I'm not going to pay what, 800 MS points for them? The game is 7 years old... for crying out loud.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
Johnnyallstar said:
Roboto said:
You know, I loved how Bungie did it back in the day. If you want it immediately, then you pay a little something to recur the costs that went into their development. After a year or so, it's free, because almost everyone who really cares will already have it by then.

Personally, I think the vast majority of DLC like map packs should be like that. I'd download the CoD2 map packs right now and play around with them, but I'm not going to pay what, 800 MS points for them? The game is 7 years old... for crying out loud.
That's Microsoft for you. Unfortunately it's probably paying off for them.