Okamiden Launch Trailer Makes You Want to Hug a Puppy

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

If only all gods incarnated themselves as adorable wolf pups, the world would be a better place.

I'm not going to say that we here at The Escapist ever repeat ourselves, but I will say that there has been a common refrain in was first announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/okamiden]. It goes something like this: "Awww, lookit the cute widdle sun-god-puppy!"

Yes, the residents of Chez Escape are quite fond of puppies, especially those of the magical sun-god sort. Can you blame us, though?

[video=2914]

Okamiden hit shelves yesterday across North America, meaning that it's time for us all to start playing with Chibiterasu ourselves rather than just watching cute videos and wishing we were doing exactly that. But there's one more video for all of you - Capcom's launch trailer, which does a good job at setting up the characters, locations and powers that the player and Chibiterasu will encounter on their joint adventure.

Unsurprisingly, it's just as super-cute as it's ever been (aww, the puppy is dancing). It even might be enough to tide over our Australian and European viewers, who don't get the game until March 17th or March 18th, respectively.

Is it just me, though, or is there a potentially-major spoiler in that trailer? Pause it around 1:53 - that looks like Amaterasu, not Chibiterasu, to me. Will the puppy's goddess-mom be making an appearance after all? One can only hope.

Now if you'll forgive me, I just need to get it out of my system: Puppy! Puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
MurderousToaster said:
All I'm seeing is a Publisher's Club ad.

Did you try and rope us in with promises of puppies to advertise?
ZombieGenesis said:
Second time I've seen the ad-only videos where news should be...
It should be working now. Try refreshing to clear cache; let us know if it isn't.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Wow, this game makes me not want to even admit that Okami is an awesome game, and that Amaterasu in MvC3 is an awesome character. I'm very disappointed with you Capcom.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
This is an amazing idea, gonna love this game.

I'm going to go replay Okami for the 5th time. xD

Dec 14, 2009
Looking foward to this.

I ain't goin' in expecting the same quality as Okami, but enough to get my puppy fix.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Alright there you go, much better.
Maybe it's just a delay following upload? Seems to happen a few times.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I've heard horrible, horrible things about the camera.

But, if I had the money, I'd buy it.

I WON'T LET YOU FAIL A THIRD TIME, OKAMI!

I'll get the money somehow!

Time to rob a bank...

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
What I played (and understood) of the Japanese version was really good fun, i'm so getting it when it hits the uk.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
As soon as I get paid this week I'm so getting that. I suspect that it's not gonna be as good as Okami, but I'm okay with that.

Besides, he's so cute! He's dancing!

D'awww

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Goodness me, that music. I hope that's a real track from the game, Okami's music was outstanding. I loved Okami and will be buying this on principle regardless. I'm very excited.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Gonna have to wait a while, current DS is kaput and 3DS's are flying out the shops as quickly as they come in.

I could get another DS as theyre dirt cheap now, but i just cant justify it for only 2 games.

Oh, and its not out in the EU yet. Dammit Capcom speed up your release times. And Monster Hunter Freedom 3 while i remember it.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Rakkana said:
This is an amazing idea, gonna love this game.

I'm going to go replay Okami for the 5th time. xD
Most definitely.
I really hope that Okami is one of the games like Shadow of the Colossus and Prince of Persia that gets an HD Remake so I can play it on my PS3. I miss that game so much, honestly one of the better games I've ever played; it just kept going! :D I honestly thought I'd completed it about 5 times and was happily disproved when the game trundled on. So good.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
John Funk said:

Is it just me, though, or is there a potentially-major spoiler in that trailer? Pause it around 1:53 - that looks like Amaterasu, not Chibiterasu, to me. Will the puppy's goddess-mom be making an appearance after all? One can only hope.

That is Amaterasu as far as I can tell. Sweet ^_^ I can't wait to play this game, although I'm a little short on cash right now.

Elvoret

Mar 3, 2011
Noo....

My DS broke just yesterday, so I'm going to have to wait until I can afford a 3ds to save later costs.

There won't be any in stock, so I can't play the sequel of the greatest gae ever forever.

Waah...

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Been looking so forward to this one. But.

2 weeks after Pokemon.

1 week before 3DS.

Limited Run.

Looks like it's gonna be a toughie to get. I've had mine on pre-order with amazon for months now. Out tomorrow. Yet to be dispatched.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
Okami is the kind of games that are better played with sensible screen or good motion controled, I loved to play it in the PS2 but must say drawing should be easier with a motion control.