Boobie Bomber Makes First Appearance in Serious Sam Double D

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Boobie Bomber Makes First Appearance in Serious Sam Double D

In addition to transforming a hectic FPS into a sidescrolling shooter, Serious Sam Double D introduces a foe whose cleavage you'll want to avoid.

To lead into trio of titles [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108083-Serious-Sam-3-To-Fund-Breast-Enhancement-Surgery] from independent developers that will bring the series to genres other than the first-person shooter. One of those games, Serious Sam Double D, was on the floor at PAX East 2011 and it was much more than a basic sidescroller starring the character from Serious Sam.

Shoot 1up [http://www.mommysbestgames.com/], was contacted by Croteam to make Double D, which turns Serious Sam into a title similar to Contra or Metal Slug. I got to spend some time with it and was impressed with how well Double D captured the feeling of Serious Sam in both gameplay and sense of humor.

[gallery=160]

The core of Serious Sam has always been engaging in battles that start out hectic, become overwhelming, and then crush your soul. In Serious Sam Double D, this concept has again been realized, but from a 2D perspective. All your favorite Serious Sam foes will be included, but Mommy's Best Games' Nathan Fouts was also given the go-ahead to create some of his own, such as the hilarious Femikaze which takes the bombs off of the Beheaded Kamikazes' hands and puts them on a lady's chest instead. I guess we know where the title came from (aside from the whole "2D" reference).

Fouts also created a very cool gameplay mechanic in the Gun Stacker, which allows Sam to whip out all of his collected weapons at once and stacks them on top of each other for simultaneous fire. That means the shotgun, assault rifle, plasma weapon, and more can all be used to annihilate enemies at the same time. Players will need to use the Gun Stacker too, because waves of enemies of many varieties will flow toward the player from all directions at a constant pace, while Sam will also have to go up against foes 10 times his size. In other words, it's a Serious Sam game.

Even further, Fouts was showing off Serious Sam Double D's Porta Pad which Sam can use like a trampoline to hop higher than normal. As you can tell, Serious Sam Double D is being taken quite seriously and looks like it'll be a fun extension of the Serious Sam universe. It doesn't have a final release date yet, but is expected before Serious Sam 3 hits shelves in summer 2011.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I know that I want it, I wish someone would tell me where I could acquire it

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Never before in my life have I equated tits to be explosively lethal...

Tom Goldman said:
but Mommy's Best Games' Nathan Fouts was also given the go-ahead to create some of his own, such as the hilarious Femikaze which takes the bombs off of the Beheaded Kamikazes' hands and puts them on a lady's chest instead.
...until now. I've seen laser tits and the like, but this?

I think I'll let Scooter say it for me...

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
something about that image of Sam in Pic2 that reminds me of someone....

skip ahead to about 1 minute to see what I mean. Or watch the whole thing. Blackthrone was da bomb back in the day. :)

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Well this is relatively cool, but I, for one, am much more interested in how Serious Sam 3 will turn out.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Awesome. What will they think of next? Maybe- just maybe- unlike the devs of Bulletstorm, they will make a gun that actually has "Tits and is on fire."

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's the only one of the trio I seriously think can work. And that guns stack is seriously needed! I'm seriously optimistic about this, but will probably not buy it. There are seriously too many games this year.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I just realized. Serious Sam is the National Treasure to Duke Nukem's Indiana Jones...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
the Gun Stacker, which allows Sam to whip out all of his collected weapons at once and stacks them on top of each other for simultaneous fire. That means the shotgun, assault rifle, plasma weapon, and more can all be used to annihilate enemies at the same time.
Man, why do people like games that only let you use two guns again?

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
When you do not have the length or the girth to satisfy the gals out there, the Gun Stacker will certainly impress.