Kid Becomes "Little Zangief" in Response to Bullying

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Kid Becomes "Little Zangief" in Response to Bullying

Never bully somebody bigger than you. You never know when they might be Zangief in disguise.

Casey Haynes had had enough. He'd been bullied all his school life, and when Ritchard Gale decided it would be fun to throw a few punches at the overweight kid, Casey snapped. Diving forward, Casey lifted his attacker bodily into the air before slamming him to the concrete in a manner akin to the character Zangief from Street Fighter, leading to the moniker "Zangief Kid."

Casey was suspended for 4 days from his school in Sydney, Australia, while the instigator of the fight, Ritchard, was suspended for 21 days. An online outpouring of congratulations to Casey for standing up to bullying soon followed, along with debate over if Casey was in the right to deliver a pile-driver to the smaller boy.

Internet group Anonymous has taken up Casey's cause, reposting the video and remixing it with Team Fortress 2 and Street Fighter [http://kotaku.com/#!5782603/casey-the-bully+breaking-zangief-kid-gets-the-street-fighter-remix-he-deserves], DDOS'ing the school's website, and prank calling Ritchard Gale and his family.

The mother of the bully recently went on Australian TV and said that she wanted her son to apologize to Casey, saying of the viral video "We don't need this posted everywhere. I would like him to apologize."

Whether or not the kid was in the right, one thing is for sure; he's got a hell of a career in wrestling waiting for him.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Wait? his mother doesn't want a video of her son picking on a MUCH larger kid posted everywhere so the BULLIED kid should apologize?

Ahem.... FUCK YOU WOMAN! The world doesn't always work the way you want it to, and don't forget that YOUR kid was the little shit that was picking on others. Your kid doesn't deserve an apology, he doesn't deserve anything of the sort

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
EDIT 2: Removed completley becuase apparently people won't stop quoting you even when you explicitly say not to and I'm sick of this cluttering up my inbox.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
So the mom teaches her child to blame the victim? Nice! I can see a bright future for him in the penitentiary system where he can spend time blaming everybody else for his actions.

Winning!

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
That remix is epic. I want that to be made into a game...

EDIT:

winter2 said:
So the mom teaches her child to blame the victim?
Didn't your mother teach you to ***** whenever you do something wrong? I hate to see what sort of sucessfuly position your in right now... *Tsk* *Tsk*

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Pwned. That is all. Seriously thou, what kind of kids thinks punching someone twice your size is a good idea? Kid deserved it, if anth else, for natural selection. DARWIN AWARD FOR YOU.

Charlie Sheen says WINNING! to you Casey.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
I have to side with penny-arcade [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/3/18/] on this one.

It is impossible to condone the pile-driver, especially since he came within about an inch of dropping the bully straight on his head and killing him, but it's equally impossible not to side with casey for striking back in a definitive way.

bully got schooled, bully deserved to get schooled. Im just really glad no one was seriously hurt, because it could easily have gone terribly wrong, and casey would undoubtely be facing charges if it had.

-m

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Actually the mother wants HER son (the bully) to apologize.

News linky: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8225229/bullys-mum-speaks-out-over-filmed-incident

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/bullied-boy-at-chifley-college-dunheved-campus-suspended-after-fighting-back/story-e6freuzi-1226023526921

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Wooooo! But seriously, what the hell did Ritchard Gale think he was doing? Dickhead. And you can tell his family are fucking idiots as well; Ms. Gale wants CASEY to apologise for her son being a dick? What the hell?!
EDIT: I have since been made aware that she wants her own son to apologise. Thank you those who pointed this out.

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
I'm so glad that as a modern society we celebrate acts of violence rather than being, you know, civilized.

I really don't get why this has garnered so much attention though. Not the first time something like this has happened.
i think people just occasionally like to celebrate an upheaval in the natural social pyramid. Underdog knocking the favorite on his ass etc. People do it all the time in sporting activities, and at the end of the day it was merely a school fight that didnt go very far. Hopefully this earns the "larger" child some status and respect, and teaches the scrawny little oik some humilty. Important life lesson possibly ;)

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
At 0:25 when he smashes the kid down this is all that played through my head:

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
I'm all for self-defense and standing up to a bully when it's the last resort. I myself had to confront my own bully when ignoring him did nothing and asking the teachers wouldn't result in anything, when I didn't confronted him, he never bothered me again.

However, a kid of that size, he could have easily broken his fuckin' neck. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt him like that, since he was in a short fit of rage, but I don't think this should be cheered or encouraged as much as it is.

He stood up for himself after who knows how long he was bullied, yay!

Possibly paralyzing or killing the bully, nay!

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Wish I knew what a piledriver when I was 10 8(

In Scotland all I knew was the classic headbutt and kick in the balls.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
That remix is epic. I want that to be made into a game...

EDIT:

winter2 said:
So the mom teaches her child to blame the victim?
Didn't your mother teach you to ***** whenever you do something wrong? I hate to see what sort of sucessfuly position your in right now... *Tsk* *Tsk*
Hmmmmm.... ok then.. Not sure what the last part is supposed to indicate, but whatever.

Boy got what he deserved. End of story.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010

Good on Casey. Ya, we could sit here and argue about how we shouldn't handle all the situations like this and instead the bully should be sat down, by an adult obviously, and explained the error of their ways (which in my experience has work -1 percent of the time and resulted in MORE bullying for the victim). But this is a far more effective way to solve the issue.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
I'm so glad that as a modern society we celebrate acts of violence rather than being, you know, civilized.

I really don't get why this has garnered so much attention though. Not the first time something like this has happened.
Well as many of the internet's children have been bullied or know someone who was bullied we tend to like it when a bully gets their ass handed to them.

While I was never bullied I know others who were, hell even in college I stood up for others who were being bullied.

Nor will this be the last time as bullies will continue to do their thing and some will choose the wrong target.

Cool Welshy

Mar 15, 2011
Here's a question. Who's the kid who filmed this video?
He's just as responsible of this video getting around as Casey and the bully.