Captain America Getting Last-Minute Reshoots

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Captain America Getting Last-Minute Reshoots

Not only is the new Captain America movie getting some reshoots late in the game, but there's still no official trailer for the film.

There's a lot of excitement surrounding this summer's Captain America film. However, some folks are starting to get a little nervous, since there's still no official trailer (outside of the half-minute Superbowl spot, seen here) and it's just been revealed that the movie is headed back to England for some reshoots.

Crave Online has been told by "a source" that, in spite of the movie's looming summer release date, crew are returning to the U.K. for some reshoots that will last a couple of weeks. Exactly what the reshoots will consist of remains to be seen; there might be some entirely new scenes, or it might just be some pick-up shots.

The movie started shooting last June and supposed wrapped up production in October, but Marvel has been pretty hesitant to release much media since then; that is a little weird when compared to the marketing push that Thor (due out only two months ahead of Captain America has received. Some people are claiming that the reshoots and lack of a trailer are indicative that the movie's in trouble, but that seems a little premature at this point, especially since no one close to the film have reported any problems.

Source: <a href=http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/film/article/captain-america-reshoots-126481>Crave Online via <a href=http://io9.com/#!5783891/captain-american-going-back-for-reshoots-but-does-it-mean-anything>io9

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
I've still got high hopes for this film, and I don't think reshoots are anything to be worried about, I'm sure this movie will still be awesome!

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I don't think it's any cause for alarm, it may have troubles behind the scenes but it's probably just pick up shots, quite common for a movie with a long development time.

I've really been wanting the trailer though :/ I still haven't watched the Superbowl spot because I want to wait for the real deal.

Usually you'd hear of troubles during production if this were the case, Incredible Hulk had quite a big thing in post-production that actually turned me off the movie a bit (was surprised when I finally ended up seeing it though, it was pretty good despite it's flaws).

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
That's not good. Last minute reshoots may make the movie falter. I wish I hadn't read this. :p I love Cap and if his movie tanks I'll be one sad panda.

I hope your movie's not in trouble Captain America!

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Reshoots are pretty common nowadays and rarely are an indication that a productiois in trouble. I´m confident this movie is in good hands.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
Re-shoots often mean that initial showings to advance audiences went badly and they hated the ending or some conclusion.

Like VanityGirl, I wish that I hadn't read this now.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Being the eternal optimist, it could always be the case that they're just need to align this film with The Avengers a little more before shooting begins on the latter...

drakythe

Feb 10, 2011
Personally I'm not too concerned with the lack of publicity. Thor comes out 2 months ahead of Cap, which means that starting with Thor showings, Marvel can blitz the hell out of marketing Cap. It makes sense to me. Market the one that is coming out, not the one after it. I know Pixar releases are usually a year or more apart, but thats the same strategy they always followed. You advertise/tease your next film with the current one. If they do it this way all the Thor advertising will 'bleed into' Cap advertising, because anyone who sees Thor will see a trailer for Cap.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Batfred said:
Re-shoots often mean that initial showings to advance audiences went badly and they hated the ending or some conclusion.

Like VanityGirl, I wish that I hadn't read this now.
See, the fact that I didnt read that and got it from a secondary source means I can now say "I dont believe you" and move on with my hopes completely unimpacted. Its a fun perk.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
marketing push that Thor (due out only two months ahead of Captain America has received.
Missing an ending parenthetical?
(sorry to point that out, just noticed and thought I'd let ya know).

OT: Um. This seems a tad unnerving. I know it's premature to be nervous... but saying that they need reshoots reminds me of the Wolverine movie... and we know how bad that was. Plus, lack of a trailer makes me wonder what to even expect. I know this is supposed to be (I think) his origin story. But that is what we all probably expected and I'd just like to know what else is going to be brought to the table?

Concerned... that sums up my feelings about this movie nicely.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Given how significant the advertising push for "Thor" has been, I can't regard this as a good sign.

Well... Here's hoping.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
drakythe said:
Personally I'm not too concerned with the lack of publicity. Thor comes out 2 months ahead of Cap, which means that starting with Thor showings, Marvel can blitz the hell out of marketing Cap. It makes sense to me. Market the one that is coming out, not the one after it. I know Pixar releases are usually a year or more apart, but thats the same strategy they always followed. You advertise/tease your next film with the current one. If they do it this way all the Thor advertising will 'bleed into' Cap advertising, because anyone who sees Thor will see a trailer for Cap.
Which is great when the releases are a year apart and practically guaranteed bank.

With less certain films so close together, you're putting a lot more on the line.