Trine 2 Gets a Hot New Trailer and a Delay

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Trine 2 Gets a Hot New Trailer and a Delay

[video=2944]​
Good news: a brand-new Trine 2 [http://www.trine2.com] trailer is floating around on the tubes and it's awesome. Bad news: Trine 2 is delayed.

I don't like platformers but I sure do like announced [http://www.amazon.com/Trine-Pc/dp/B002I7KJ5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300751121&sr=8-1] last summer that Trine 2 was in the works, I was pretty darn excited. The new gameplay trailer, entitled "Alluring Adventure," has me even more wound up; Trine's whimsically beautiful fairytale game world looks absolutely fantastic and it appears as though we'll be facing a few new gameplay twists and challenges as well.

The bad news is that the game has been pushed back from its expected release in the spring to "late summer," not a huge delay but a little bit of a downer for fans. No worries, though, as Frozenbyte's Joel Kinnunen says that everything is actually going very well.

"We have a really high quality bar for Trine 2 and we want to make sure it meets those expectations," he explained. "There's still a lot of work to be done and we don't want people to have false expectations, so we wanted to communicate the new release date now. Everything's going great though, Trine 2 is our smoothest project ever despite this delay."

Trine 2 will be released digitally for the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Mac, and a demo will also be available at launch for all platforms. A retail release is apparently still being considered.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Wow - they made all those amazing scenes and 3D assets, and used them to make a 2D platformer! Misplaced effort ;) Still, looks beautiful and seems to have some fun mechanics.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It certainly looks very snazzy, but I found the first Trine pretty forgetable. It didn't really have anything going for it except the fairytale setting and the physics. The actual gameplay and platform action was extremely lackluster.

Atleast they're releasing a demo this time.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
It's nice to see Trine get a sequel. I really loved the first game, it was both fun and one of the best looking games that I have played. Colourful with out being overflowing with colour.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
This looks like a very nice game but what I don't get is if this game is coming out for the xbox as well as others why did they never release the first one onto xbox?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Though I never played the original, I must say this looks suitably amazing; I definitely like the style it has going on. I might well have to try this when it comes out, eventually.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
It certainly looks very snazzy, but I found the first Trine pretty forgetable. It didn't really have anything going for it except the fairytale setting and the physics. The actual gameplay and platform action was extremely lackluster.

Atleast they're releasing a demo this time.
There was a demo last time, seeing as it was all I ever played of trine! :)

It was good, but it never did quite persuade me to buy it.

This one is gorgeous though, it really is, hope the gameplay matches.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Trine was a great game. Its actual gameplay may not have been anything super-special (although I think it was quite good), but that's fine. Trine is about the magical setting, the voice acting, the narration, the music, and the simple fact that it's quite possible the finest fairytale videogame ever created. It's quite literally a bedtime story that you play.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
looks pretty awesome just like the first, but FUCK SNAILS. i hate snails. i have snailophobia, and that thing there creeped me the hell out.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Looks just the like the first one with a few added things here and there.
And I have no problem with this.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
This is what happens when people see valve's quality testing and release schedule. Awesome things happen, they just take time to make.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Wow, those motherfuckers at Atlus are actually releasing something for the PC?

0_0

Can't wait to try this out...

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
That game looked beautifull.. Never heard of these games before but this trailer really got me interested..