Name That Voice!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Name That Voice!

Can you match the actor to the videogame role?

Acting for a living is a pretty sweet gig, at least once you make it to the ranks of TV and movie stars. The best actors can create a character with a lift of their eyebrow, a dip of their chin, or, like the ones featured in this quiz, a few spoken words.

This week's quiz is all about those lucky stiffs who are TV and movie actors by day, videogame actors by night. Or, actually, more likely also by day, as they're locked in a recording booth for 10-12 hours, doing their best to find 8 different ways to say things like "That's gotta hurt!"

As always, you can take as long as you like to finish the quiz, and even take it several times if you're shooting for 100%, but your cumulative time is what will affect your position on our leaderboards.

Aaaaaand.....ACTION! (Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/142])

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
6 out of 10 while blindly guessing 7 of them. Not too bad I'd say. I really should pay more attention watching end credits.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
poiumty said:
GundamSentinel said:
6 out of 10 while blindly guessing 7 of them. Not too bad I'd say. I really should pay more attention watching end credits.
8 out of 10. While guessing... 8 of them? Or was it 9

Ah well, point is YOU ARE INFERIOR IN ABSOLUTELY EVERY WAY. YES.
One could argue that I knew 50% (or was it 200%) more with certainty and that I'm only trumped by dumb luck. Congratulations none the less. ^^

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
10%

From the title i thought i'd be listening to an audio clip and matching the actor, that would have been awesome. That or more correct answers ><

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
4 out of 10, I suck with names though so that's probably why. If it was somehow like audio clues I would have done much better but oh well.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
I was expecting voice clips too, would have had such a great '#1: Nolan North, #2: Nolan North, #3: Nolan North'-joke. Bah

[sub]70%[/sub]

Telumektar

Jul 7, 2010
I was excpecting some audio clips at least, I got 6/10 but more than half of them out of pure luck and pop references, as I wasn't aware of most of the questions's context.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
That was easy, shame it taken me AGES due to the fact i went downstairs to finish the pasta off.. then to burn myself on the steam and preform first aid on myself :')

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
6/10. Alot of guessing, and yes, like many of you here, I was also expecing voice clips. I won't really ever be able to get these 100%, I just don't play enough games.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Gah. Had no idea who voiced the Illusive man. Also, Really expected voice clips! Even spent five minutes looking for headphones so that I wouldn't freak out the people around me.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's I Know That Voice!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/142-I-Know-That-Voice]

Yaaay! It only took me 6 tries!

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
with so many questions relating to games I havn't played I only got 50% on my first go and I don't have the patience to guess which ones I got wrong.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
I lucked out on my answers, guess on a good number of them and the one that I should have know
I got wrong (that's what I get from not playing CoD), take two fixed that though.