March Mayhem Fearsome Four Voting Now Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
March Mayhem Fearsome Four Voting Now Live

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/5]

The division champions must now compete against each other for a spot in the Final Showdown.

Round 4 brought us some great match-ups that crowned division champions and brings us the Fearsome Four. Out of the 4 divisions, three number 1 seeds made it all the way through: Blizzard, BioWare and Valve. In the West division however, the tournament Cinderella and first time competitor Mojang took out Obsidian and is now headed to its first Fearsome Four.

Fearsome Four Match-ups

Blizzard versus BioWare

With massive amounts of fans supporting each of these developers, this match-up will be one for the ages. Each has a list of great games which have become mainstays in everyone's personal gaming library, not to mention raising the bar of gaming development within the industry. Many people may rage quit just from having to choose between them.

Valve versus Mojang

A modern day David and Goliath, Mojang is ready to face off against last year's champion and community favorite, Valve. Notch and Mojang have a lot of faithful supporters in Minecraft that have helped them take the West Division but will there be enough votes to take them past the legions of Valve fans who want to retain the March Mayhem title? Only your votes and tweets supporting your favorite developer can tell for sure!

For those of you who are just joining us in March Mayhem, head over to the Alienware laptops [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/rules/5] we are giving away!

To everyone who had filled out a bracket, make sure to check out our brand new Leaderboard [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/leaderboard/5] to see where you stack every round!

Round 5, the Fearsome Four, has begun, so head over to the Official Bracket [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/5] to begin voting. Welcome to the Mayhem!

Please note: Voting for Round 5 (Fearsome Four) will end at 2:15PM ET on Wednesday.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Oh dear god, not Mojang... It isn't even out of Beta!

ANd how the hell did Bethesda lose?

I still don't understand why people hate Oblivion so much...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I don't think "rage quite" is a strong enough description of the anger that is going to get involved...

MrJKapowey said:
Oh dear god, not Mojang... It isn't even out of Beta!
Save it for the other thread.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
I want to see Blizzard vs Mojang, just so we have two never-won-before devs in the final.

Apr 28, 2008
Well, my brackets already screwed to hell, thanks to Mojang and Zynga.

I wanted that gaming laptop...

Nevermind, seems I still have a chance at winning.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Irridium said:

Well, thank goodness the bracket had nothing to do with the laptop! :D

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Irridium said:

The brackets are just for fun (and 25 entries regardless how you do). You get entries each time you vote and tweet.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
MrJKapowey said:
ANd how the hell did Bethesda lose?

I still don't understand why people hate Oblivion so much...
Bethesda tried a ton of new tech with Oblivion: full voice acting, facegen, physics, and terrain generation* and they were all rather rough around the edges. On top of this was an unpopular level scaling system and a much more generic fantasy setting. In the latter case it was a common complaint that TES III was too bizarre but they went too far in the opposite direction with TES IV (although in both cases expansions helps balance this out).

There's a lot of things Oblivion did well too, don't get me wrong I certainly enjoyed it, but there was a lot of room for refinement - which they accomplished with FO3 in my opinion.

*Yes I know that Daggerfall and Arena had terrain generation but it was very different tech.

Apr 28, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Irridium said:

The brackets are just for fun (and 25 entries regardless how you do). You get entries each time you vote and tweet.
Wait, so I still have a chance at winning?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Irridium said:
Spinwhiz said:
Irridium said:

Of course. Everyone does.

Apr 28, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Irridium said:
Spinwhiz said:
Irridium said:

Of course. Everyone does.
Hot damn! Now I'm excited again!

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Booyah! C'mon valve and Bioware for the finals!

Let it happen again!

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
How very shocked I am that Valve is in the finals. Who cares if they haven't released a decent game in years, they made the most overrated game of all-time!

/endrant

I will be appalled if Bioware or Blizzard doesn't win this.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
I don't honestly know who im going to vote for in this from now on...I happen to like all four companies :\