Michigan Man Accused of Soliciting Girls Via Xbox Live

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Michigan Man Accused of Soliciting Girls Via Xbox Live

A man allegedly messaged girls from his local middle school, took them to a strip club and bought sex toys for them.

Police issued a warrant today for twenty-year-old Robert Lynch from Saline, Michigan, a town south of Ann Arbor, for sending chat messages on Xbox Live to girls from Saline Middle School. He met the girls online from January 8th to February 8th of this year, and arranged to meet at least two of the girls, who range in age from 11 to 14 years old. Police officials think that Lynch will turn himself in today and be arraigned on three counts "attempting to accost children for immoral purposes."

Saline Police said that Lynch "used an Xbox Live device to communicate with the victims" by which they must mean an Xbox 360. The report did not disclose what game or games Lynch used to speak with the girls or if he merely used the chat or mail functions of Xbox Live.

Police are not charging Lynch with following through with any sexual acts, but he is alleged to have driven two girls to a strip club in the nearby town of Ypsilanti. The girls did not enter the establishment, but Lynch is accused of going in and buying sex toys which he then gave to the girls.

Lynch also apparently put condoms into an envelope and mailed the package to the girls. Police said they were tipped off by school officials, perhaps after the girls were overheard talking about the bag of condoms.

While I might respect the alleged sex offender's commitment to safe sex, none of this was a very good idea. If the charges are true, I hope Lynch is punished and the victims are able to go on with their lives.

Source: The Detroit News [http://detnews.com/article/20110329/METRO01/103290366/Police--Xbox-used-to-lure-girls#ixzz1I1nXFHjb]

OriginalJoeBlack

Jun 20, 2010
Hmmm, his name is Lynch. Get it? Lynch! Like... Kane & Lynch? Oh nevermind.

OT: I hope he gets some nice jail time for this.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Just wait till Kane finds out...
Enkidu88 said:
Greg Tito said:
in the nearby town of Ypsilanti.
Ypiwhatnow? That sounds like a town you'd find in Eastern Europe :p
I'd imagine it's pronounced the same way as ypsilon, the letter Y in the greek alphabet. (You know, like the Half Life lambda?)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
You know, I skim read this and only picked out the bit about him buying them condoms at first and had a rant all ready to be furiously smashed into the keyboard...

Now i'm sad.

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Another awesome step from my sex...through his ass in jail. Isn't this grounds for soliciation of a minor or something more serious than "attempting to accost children for immoral purposes"?

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
..Why would you send your (possibly) future conquests a bag of condoms? I honestly can't see the point in that.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
Woodsey said:
But he looks so harmless!

lol

OT: so... the 20 year old is like Microsoft, and the middle school girls are like Rare! only the girls were rescued from what could have been a life of forced prostitution and evenetual death...
yeah yeah, dark humor...

ah, seriously though, this guy'll be playing with something energetic and furry... BUT IT AIN'T NO KINECTIMAL. CUZ THIS HERE IS REAL.