Blofeld Builds a Giant "Machete Slingshot"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Blofeld Builds a Giant "Machete Slingshot"

The only thing possibly more dangerous than the huge, home-made machete-firing slingshot in this video is the huge, bald German guy with the sinister laugh who actually made the thing.

Meet Jörg Sprave. Mr. Sprave has a taste for weapons, specifically slingshots. You might think to yourself, oh, slingshots, I used to play with those when I was a little boy. And maybe you did, but you sure didn't play with anything like this.

Feast your eyes on the "Machete Slingshot," an eight-foot-long contraption that actually looks more like a crossbow. But how it looks is less important than what it does, and what it does is fire full-size freakin' machetes at dangerously high velocities.

Notice that gash on his arm? That's the result of a "misfire," he explains. "I was actually lucky I was wearing a face mask, but anyway, that happened, so don't do this at home," he says, appearing not too terribly bothered by the raw, gaping wound. Then he fires a machete into a target and pulls it out with a psychotic chuckle worthy of any Hollywood movie villain.

The Machete Slingshot is an upgrade of Sprave's 2009 design, the "Arrow Slingshot," [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJ9JYcRlMk] which is only good for killing man-sized or smaller creatures.

Source: Best Week Ever [http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-03-30/just-a-european-guy-with-a-machete-slingshot/]

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
"It's a gun Frank, a gun that shoot swords!"
First thing that came to mind.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
It now includes finding this guy.
Just be careful that he doesn't Snipe-chete you by mistake.

He should totally get a part in some films, just for that laugh. FPS Russia can be his top henchmen, dual wielding his M-16s and post murder quipping "as always, have nice day..."

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The only thing that could have made that more psychotic (and hilarious) was if he'd called it Sasha.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Who wants shurikens and lightning when you have a machete firing slingshot...
and that guy just gives me the creeps....
"Does it hurt when I do THIS?" he reminds me of the tf2 medic.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
The Machete Slingshot, because regular giant slingshots arent dangerous enough.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I would think this would make a good addition to Team Fortress 2.

Not that everyone hasnt already thought of it.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
The puzzled look on my girlfriend's face when I described her what I want for birthday- Priceless...

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Oh, that seems like a perfectly safe and sane thing to be playing with. What could go wrong? For his next project, he's going to build a giant robot that gets angry easily.
Also,just to be a pedantic nerd, Blofeld was Polish.

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
DJ_DEnM said:
Dirkie said:
"It's a gun Frank, a gun that shoot swords!"
First thing that came to mind.
I want to know where this is from >.<!!
I would suggest google, the first search term it comes up with is from The Punisher (Frank Castle) with a new gun, that shoots swords. And i'm quite liberal with the sword, as i consider machetes to be a bit in the same family of things with a handle and a bit you usually try to use to make your point when it comes to arguments.