Wonder Woman Costume Revised for TV Pilot

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Wonder Woman Costume Revised for TV Pilot

Filming for the pilot of the new Wonder Woman show has begun and photo from the set has emerged.

Earlier this month we got a glimpse of Adrianne Palicki in her costume [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108612-Take-a-Peek-at-New-TV-Wonder-Womans-Boobalicious-Duds] for the new TV series being developed by David E. Kelley. The bustier definitely showed off Palicki's upper chest region, which gave some pause, but most of the criticism leveled at the costume was the shiny latex pants and the weird matching blue boots. A photo of Palicki in costume as Wonder Woman from the set of the pilot now reveals a revised costume that, while still boobalicious, at least doesn't quite look so trashy.

The pants are no longer shiny spandex - and hopefully no longer squeak every step she takes - and the boots have gone to a more pleasing cherry red.

[gallery=174]

The whole getup is a far cry from the original costume occupied by Linda Carter in the show from the seventies, and is miles away from the short flowing skirt made famous from Wonder Woman's first appearance in January 1942's Sensation Comics.

Personally, I think the show should use the rebooted comic imagery that cast the Amazon woman hero in a more modern outfit, but that's probably just me.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbcs-wonder-woman-gets-new-172858]

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Not sure about this facebook system. Am i double posting?

Yeah this is much better. She wears pants on occasion in the comic book, too. Its not like they gave her a leather jacket and a motorcycle, or something. Its pretty much the same.

Wont change the writing, of course. But if the pictures are indictative of the show, it might be good. Running in the street, possible to punch a terrorist or a car? Sounds like wonder woman to me.

I can only hope they keep the " Amazonian learning American ways" angle, not "ally mcbeal becomes a superhero" direction it might go.

FOUND A VIDEO!

This gives me a small hope for the show. She looks tough, and i hope she smashes the crap out of him when she catches him, lol

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Hmm...

I didn't hate the original design they had going, but I feel this is certainly an improvement.

I especially like the stars going down the side of the pants, that's a nice touch.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It still kinda looks silly but it looks much better then the reflective shinny version. Oh well, we'll have to see how it actually looks in the show.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
The show description I read here still sounded a little meh, but these pants are definitely better. Though if they market that previous one as a deluxe Halloween costume... well you won't hear any complaints from me when I see a girl rockin' it. Just sayin.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Here's hoping for a 90's adventure show, and not another post-Lost evening drama. The costume -- both versions, actually -- are a sign that the show may not be taking itself quite as deathly serious as most recent shows. I mean, I actually liked Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, because underneath all the dick jokes was a campy action show in the vein of Hercules and Xena, which is something that I for one severely miss. America could use a little bit more hope in its TV, and a bit less doom and gloom; there's plenty of hopeful BBC shows, but almost nothing from the American networks.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
HankMan said:
Aahhhhhhhhhhh Much better.
That first one was so loud that the first time I saw it, I think I went deaf for about five seconds.
So true. It's nice to see that the show's honchos actually heard the complaints and listened to them. Also, she looks quite cute in this outfit. More so in fact than in the trashier latex number.

Owyn_Merrilin said:
Here's hoping for a 90's adventure show, and not another post-Lost evening drama. The costume -- both versions, actually -- are a sign that the show may not be taking itself quite as deathly serious as most recent shows. I mean, I actually liked Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, because underneath all the dick jokes was a campy action show in the vein of Hercules and Xena, which is something that I for one severely miss. America could use a little bit more hope in its TV, and a bit less doom and gloom; there's plenty of hopeful BBC shows, but almost nothing from the American networks.
This was a big complaint of mine in the 90's and early 2000's. I used to specifically cite how Herc and Xena were better shows than the waves and waves of crime dramas and stale singles in spectacular big city apartment shows. I've noticed though that network TV is getting a little more "nerdy" since about 2005 or so? Is that what I want? In a good way. I guess it reflects the general culture but television being made now actually reminds me of the programs produced in the 70's.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I think a big difference has been made by the fact that in the more recent show she's not wearing such bright lipstick. That combined with all the shiny latex in the previous shot gave her an unfairly...uh...inflatable..look, and in the more recent one she looks much more like a person and less like a doll. =)

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
That's better. I still think the red corset/bustier should be leather though.
I would agree (or make it a similar material to the pants) and the belt looks fuck awful. The boots should be leather too.