Konami Tries Its Hand at Metal Gear Solid Fashion

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Konami Tries Its Hand at Metal Gear Solid Fashion

The Peace Walker inspired clothing is surprisingly stylish, but unfortunately, it's for men only.

Dressing up like characters from the Metal Gear games is about to get a whole lot easier, following the announcement that Konami plans to release a clothing line passed on the PSP prequel Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Solid-Peace-Walker-Sony-PSP/dp/B002BS47TE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302010146&sr=8-1].

[gallery=181]

The line, which will be available online in the US and Canada on April 11th, includes a couple of t-shirts with Peace Walker and Fox Hound logos, as well as jackets, trousers, and hats lifted straight from the game itself. The clothes look surprisingly good; so good in fact, that they're the sort of thing you could wear in everyday life without drawing any funny looks. Unfortunately, all the clothes are designed for the male Metal Gear fan, so the ladies are out of luck. Hopefully, Konami will rectify this soon.

The clothing line is the result of a partnership between Konami and Musterbrand LLC, a global licensing and merchandising company based in New York. Careen Yapp, Konami VP of Acquisitions and Franchise Development, said that the success of Peace Walker had allowed Konami to go beyond what it would normally do with a Metal Gear game. In a press release, Konami indicated that this was just the beginning of the line, and that more clothes would be added quarterly, and around special events during the year.

There are no details available on how much this stuff is likely to cost, but chances are it won't be cheap. Some of the range is really rather nice though, so it might be worth saving up your pennies.

Source: Silconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/04/konami-to-introduce-metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-clothing-line/]

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
That looks really awesome! I would also wear all that stuff shown in public as just regular clothes. I hope that these aren't a limited print

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Still waiting for Octocamo. Of course, if anything like that came out, it would have to have a warning label about putting it in microwaves (the darkest warning label since the Superman cape one warning you that it doesn't allow you to fly).

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I like that coat, so I do...

but frankly if a mass Effect hoodie costs like sixty squids, I shudder at how much Metal Gear fans will be being fleeced.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Not really to my taste, apart from that shirt and possibly the hat (for my non-afro periods), though it better come in Euro medium and not have a cosmically high price tag.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
I want the cargo pants, the cap and the FOXHOUND shirt... Hopefully my measly salary can afford it.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
With the new Metal Gear Solid line, you, too, can look like a bland, khaki-wearing Korean commando.