Wish You Were At PAX?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Wish You Were At PAX?

PAX kicks off in just a few minutes, and people are lining up to hit the ground running when the show doors open. Lots and lots and lots of people.

If you'd rather skip the lines, worry not - The Escapist will be providing you with plenty of coverage from the show. We're on the scene waiting to give you the lowdown on the panels, games, tournaments and shenanigans. Fair warning: there will likely be pictures of cosplayers.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
A friend of mine IS at PAX...I'm jealous of her, but she wants us to go with her next year and knows some peeps who can hook us up with tickets. So hopefully I'll be able to go.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
I'd love to be at PAX, alas Messrs Gabe and Tycho, clearly thinking only of their own selfish needs, set the date for the same weekend as my wedding anniversary.

Tolkienfanatic

Jul 24, 2008
I would love to be at PAX, but oh wait, it's in Seattle. But wait, it will be on the East Coast next year!...

... in BOSTON.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
nilcypher post=7.70016.677507 said:
I'd love to be at PAX, alas Messrs Gabe and Tycho, clearly thinking only of their own selfish needs, set the date for the same weekend as my wedding anniversary.
Happy anniversary!

Also this weekend: Move-in day for my college. Way to pick the end of summer for all us gamers and such who must now go back to school and miss your convention, again.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Nothing specifically stopped me from going, except for it being in Seattle and me not being able to afford a hotel... that and I'm afraid of American Cities.

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
I made the trip over from the UK to PAX back in '06 and loved every minute of it. It was even worth the 36 hour ordeal of a return trip home. Why fly direct from SeaTac to Manchester when you can miss your connection at O'Hare and end up in Copenhagen and Frankfurt instead? I'd definitely do it all again if and when I can afford to. To all who are there this year, hope you have a great time.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
ZakCanard post=7.70016.677809 said:
I made the trip over from the UK to PAX back in '06 and loved every minute of it. It was even worth the 36 hour ordeal of a return trip home. Why fly direct from SeaTac to Manchester when you can miss your connection at O'Hare and end up in Copenhagen and Frankfurt instead? I'd definitely do it all again if and when I can afford to. To all who are there this year, hope you have a great time.
To be fair, Frankfurt is a lovely city...

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Susan Arendt post=7.70016.678281 said:
TomNook post=7.70016.677688 said:
Yes, nice job rubbing it in.
I'm not there either, mate. So we shall lament together.
Does The Escapist have anyone there? I saw Funk and LaMosca where doing your reporting but they both come from (slightly) lesser sights.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
sammyfreak post=7.70016.679562 said:
Does The Escapist have anyone there? I saw Funk and LaMosca where doing your reporting but they both come from (slightly) lesser sights.
Adam LaMosca, who writes the bi-weekly column Waypoints, is handling reporting duties for The Escapist, and we'll have some reports from WarCry Editor John Funk, as well.

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
nilcypher post=7.70016.678304 said:
To be fair, Frankfurt is a lovely city...
No doubt it is, next time though I'll have to venture a little further than the airport so I can find out.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Meh, it just seems like a big masturbation fest for the guys that make Penny Arcade. I like the comic and all, but Gabe's constant posts reminding us about PAX in the comments have the exact opposite effect of making me not want to go.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I really cant imagine PA being so popular that it needs its own convention... hate to say it