Critical Miss: Garrus: Badass Burnout

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Heh. I think you guys just earned yourselves a huge heap of love from the escapist community.

Personally, I never quite understood all the Garrus worship. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do like him. He's fairly well characterized and fun to have around, but he never quite stepped into awesome territory. At least not for me.

Same with Tali, come to think of it.

I should probably go into hiding now.

EDIT: Clarification for all the people quoting me and saying, "Yeah, I hate them too." I don't dislike those characters, not in the slightest. I think they are pretty good, at least by video game standards. Especially once they got a bit more exposure in ME2. I just never quite understood the adoration. That is all.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Zhukov said:
Heh. I think you guys just earned yourselves a huge heap of love from the escapist community.

Personally, I never quite understood all the Garrus worship. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do like him. He's fairly well characterized and fun to have around, but he never quite stepped into awesome territory. At least not for me.

Never underestimate the power of memetic badassery.

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
I liked Garrus better in ME1. He really acts like Batman in ME2 and I don't like that. He's too dark/badass and there are a lot of dark/badass characters in ME2 already. He was better when he was like some sorts of space police man/alien with emotions. The new Garrus is like "Let's nuke the place and call it quits".

Dec 14, 2009
Turns out Garrus has a twin sister, who is just as awesome as Garrus, except, you know, you can have sex with her.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Arachon said:
Isn't it obvious?

Well, in ME2 he is arguably already a vigilante, if I'm not mistaken it's even stated.

Although a Dirty Harry reference would be so golden.

"Well, if a rogue Salarian is out trying to commit heinous genetic experiments, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

Damnit, all this talk about Mass Effect 3 makes me want to replay Mass Effect 1 and I really don't have the time.

Apr 28, 2008
Zhukov said:

Well Tali was basically written to be loved by all. So its not really surprising. As for Garrus, well I don't know. Guess he just struck a chord with people.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Implying he needs to go anywhere?

They should just go ahead and make him your 2nd in command, because there's no way in hell that unlikable sow Miranda was my 2nd

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Turns out Garrus has a twin sister, who is just as awesome as Garrus, except, you know, you can have sex with her.
Why will she be lesbian then :p

surprised it took 10 replies for chuck norris to be mentioned.
Just hope Garrus will be less interested in calibrations and more interested in talking >.>