EverQuest II Lets Slip The Children of War

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
EverQuest II Lets Slip The Children of War

Hot on the heels of the last expansion for EverQuest II, Sony Online Entertainment has revealed a new, even bigger, update for the game.

Sony Online Entertainment has just revealed the latest expansion for EverQuest II, hot on the heals of February's <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_II:_Destiny_of_Velious>Destiny of Velious. Dubbed The Children of War, the expansion is boasting quite a bit of new content for those who inhabit Norrath.

Believe it or not, The Children of War is actually the 60th update for EverQuest II. That said, it's a big one. The expansion will include three new dungeons, new PvP armor, new daily missions, and three new raids. On top of that, it'll provide a pretty big expansion to the game's storyline:

The plans of Rallos Zek are beginning to come to fruition and the mighty Fortress of Drunder, which once sat within the Plane of War itself, has appeared on Norrath, and now rests high above the Kromzek city of Kael Drakkel. From Drunder, Rallos Zek plans to rally his war parties, scale the massive sheer cliffs leading to the Western Wastes, and execute his plan to steal the power of Roehn Theer. It will take bold and daring adventurers to enter the fortress itself, unlock the secrets to the salvation of Norrath, and thwart the destructive agenda of the God of War.

The expansion is set to launch on May 17th. If it's been a while since you last logged into the game, SOE is offering inactive players the opportunity to play for free from April 14th to April 21st.

Source: Massively

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Wait, EQ2 is still running? Amazing.
So how much will this expansion take out of your wallet? Considering how many EQ2 has listed on their website, it is somewhere between WoW (too much) and EVE (Free).

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I wish EQ would just die so I could stop hearing about it. It's been around SO LONG. Even Warcraft isn't that bad.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Eri said:
I wish EQ would just die so I could stop hearing about it. It's been around SO LONG. Even Warcraft isn't that bad.
You know Ultima Online is still running, right?

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
samsonguy920 said:
So how much will this expansion take out of your wallet? Considering how many EQ2 has listed on their website, it is somewhere between WoW (too much) and EVE (Free).
I'd be willing to bet SOE will release a compilation box with all of the expansions in it. For all the gripes I have with SOE, that is a mark in their favor. They don't make you buy each expansion individually just to suck as much money out of your wallet as they can like Blizzard does.

Vedrenne

Feb 8, 2010
distantworlds said:
samsonguy920 said:
I'd be willing to bet SOE will release a compilation box with all of the expansions in it. For all the gripes I have with SOE, that is a mark in their favor. They don't make you buy each expansion individually just to suck as much money out of your wallet as they can like Blizzard does.
Actually, Blizz does release box sets (Battle Chests) with all the expansions in. Got one with vanilla WoW and TBC in it for £5, heh.

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
Vedrenne said:
distantworlds said:
samsonguy920 said:
Actually, Blizz does release box sets (Battle Chests) with all the expansions in. Got one with vanilla WoW and TBC in it for £5, heh.
Yeah but that is the only box set Blizzard has released and it only includes the first expansion. You still need to buy Wrath and Cataclysm separately.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
Ironically, you won't find any children in the expansion, or anywhere else in norrath for that matter.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
nyttyn said:
Ironically, you won't find any children in the expansion, or anywhere else in norrath for that matter.
Daww you beat me to it.

But yeah, I'm sure the small room of people who play EQ will be thrilled.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
I was a massive EQ junkie but never could get into the second one for some reason. This kinda makes me want to reopen my original EQ account for a month or so just to dick around in my old stomping grounds. Ah memories.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The last few expansions have included all the previous expansions at no extra cost when you bought it, and there's already a setup in EQ2 for free to play.(It's two character slots, and you can't do some stuff, but it is free).

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
EQ 2 has a ton of content compared to any other MMO out right now. Pity folks who don't try it and are stuck in Azeroth.

DarthZod

Nov 4, 2010
danintexas said:
EQ 2 has a ton of content compared to any other MMO out right now. Pity folks who don't try it and are stuck in Azeroth.

agree.

for starters this is EQ2 not EQ and it is defiantly on par with and imo better than wow. Most of the people that post "people still play this game" have probably not played it or not heard anything about it recently.

This is in no small part because of SOE's poor marketing skills. They really don't know how to market or advertise a game and rely on current player base to stay loyal and spread the word on how good of a game it really is.

On another note, "Children of War" is a free game update that they usually release in between paid expansions. these are usually put out to add a couple of dungeons and raids every year, this one is just bigger and has more content than usual.