Future Kirby Title Gives Control Over 10 Kirbys

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Future Kirby Title Gives Control Over 10 Kirbys

Kirby's next DS adventure will give players control of up to 10 pink blobs at once.

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine came with details on a previously announced DS Kirby title that will break the mold for the sidescrolling superstar. The game's Japanese name is Atsumete! Kirby, or Gather! Kirby, and it'll feature up to 10 Kirbys onscreen at once.

The typical Kirby game features the cute, pink blob as he jumps around and inhales enemies to acquire their powers. Atsumete! Kirby uses the touchscreen to give players indirect control over multiple Kirbys. Eating fruit on a stage adds a new Kirby to the group, so players won't always be controlling the maximum of 10. Players will guide them around each level, making the Kirbys run, jump, and perform other movements. They'll have to be guided over pits, through obstacles, or to attack the weak spot of a monster.

It sound like more of a sequel to spin-off rumored [http://www.amazon.com/Kirby-Canvas-Curse-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00095LIC0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1302895812&sr=8-2] console to be announced at E3 2011 too.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/news/kirby-stages-mass-stampede-ds]
Image: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/13/kirby_in_famitsu/]

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
So... when it was said that Okamiden would, aside from enhanced rereleases, be the last game for the original DS, they lied.

Also: FIRST!!

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
HankMan said:
Space Jawa said:
And just when you thought a Kirby game couldn't possibly suck more than expected...
I don't think I could stomach that much pink!
I think it's safe to say that this game is going to be...

*puts on sunglasses*

...a mouthful.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
guys this news is old. Like a few months old. Offical nintendo magazine covered this info a long time ago. I'm happy cause I'm the biggest kirby fan I know but really a little late on the gun shot guys.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
They looked at the trailers for the new Sonic game and was like "we're gonna up that... 5 times!"

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
"That's right, kids, it's ten times the mediocrity"!

On the by, isn't Kirby a single character? It's like having ten Marios running the level at once... yay cloning!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
it almost looks like locoroco with feet...

I don't really want kirby to go in a new direction. I hated Epic Yarn because it took away everything I loved about kirby.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
-Dragmire- said:
it almost looks like locoroco with feet...

I don't really want kirby to go in a new direction. I hated Epic Yarn because it took away everything I loved about kirby.
Agreed. I'll be honest, I've never played a Kirby game, but the eating mechanic sounds really interesting. I'd love to play a game with that it :)
To be honest, I'd say the best one was Kirby for the nes. Before he got his "woodland friends" to help.