Link Overflows With Cuteness in Ocarina of Time 3D Screenshots

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Link Overflows With Cuteness in Ocarina of Time 3D Screenshots

Ocarina of Time 3D 's young Link is way too cute in the game's latest batch of screenshots.

If you've never "Dawwwwww'ed" while playing a Zelda game, it looks like Nintendo 3DS [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B003O6E800/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303003082&sr=8-1] is going to change that. Nintendo has released a new batch of screenshots where the cuteness factor is absolutely off the charts.

[gallery=201]

When Link picks up a heart container, his happy face will fill you with joy. When he catches a fish nearly as big as his body, you'll have the irresistible urge to pat him on the back and say: "Nice work, kid," as if he was your own flesh and blood. Ganon still looks like a jerk though.

There really is something to be said for the visual upgrade Nintendo is giving Ocarina of Time 3D. We'll have to wait and see how the rest of the game holds up, nearly 13 years after its original November 1998 release on the Nintendo 64.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D was recently confirmed for a June 19 release date in North America.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Looks like Zidane in a few of those screens.

Anyway, I'm definitely getting a 3DS once this, Star Fox, and the new Paper Mario are out, and hopefully by then the price will have dropped a good amount.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
As a fan of Professor Layton, World of Goo, and Plants vs. Zombies, I believe charm can sell a game. And the charm definitely sold this game to me. Gotta get my money ready for June 19th, then...

Phlakes said:

Anyway, I'm definitely getting a 3DS once this, Star Fox, and the new Paper Mario are out, and hopefully by then the price will have dropped a good amount.
>mfw "price drop"

Yeah, I've got a feeling that the 3DS will be $250 for a long time. And I point to the fact that Super Mario Galaxy 1 is still $40 used at GameStop. Nintendo won't drop the price until well after Christmas.

I honestly think the 3DS is worth the $250 I paid for it, but if I were you I'd at least wait until the internet browser update comes out and that's scheduled for late May.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Don't like the cuteness to be honest, BUT, the game still looks fantastic even after all these years.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Kalezian said:
maybe.......maybe the reason I get my first handheld since the original grey brick that was the first Nintendo Gameboy.
I think it's finally time I do the same. Plus, I never completed Orcarina of Time when I had it. It's time!

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Wow, it really looks like Link has been neglecting his fitness. ************ looks chubby as. He doesn't even have wrists anymore.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't remember the shark o.o;;

Or...was that the level in which you shrink yourself and walk around inside of...damn, I remember now, NEVERMIND!

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
What a memorable game. Every one of those screenshots reminds me of an event in-game.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Anyone else bugged by the hands? This is the same system that plays Resident Evil: Revelations, and you're telling me Nintendo couldn't be arsed into making proper hands with independent fingers and such?

Got the game on Virtual Console. Don't need another version of it, in spite of how much I love it.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
Does.. does anyone lese think this is a really genius scam? Yes OOT is a great game, it was a great game in 1997 back when i played it to death. I don't see why we need ANOTHER version of it. Between all the emulators, Gamecube packages and of course Wii-ware there are plenty of ways to replay the game. Its already there, nintendo is often cirticised of lacking new ideas but the 3DS lineup from the big N is straght-up N64 mash-up with the added nauseating 3D.
It would be if these games were ports and not actual remakes.

These aren't just little graphical bumps nintendo is selling, these games had to be completely remade and retooled from the ground up to interface properly with the 3ds, from hit detection to animation to textures. The designs and maps may be similar, but that doesn't mean they're one and the same.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Joshimodo said:
Wow, it really looks like Link has been neglecting his fitness. ************ looks chubby as. He doesn't even have wrists anymore.
It's... it's just baby fat. You'll see...

[sub]You'll see...[/sub]

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009

"A Sandwitch that sings?"

I think I'll keep playing it on my Original N64 Though, Easier then a dicky touch screen 3DS thing. (Besides, I already have a PSP, dont need another handheld.)

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
Phlakes said:

3D papermario?...

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
As a fan of Professor Layton, World of Goo, and Plants vs. Zombies, I believe charm can sell a game. And the charm definitely sold this game to me. Gotta get my money ready for June 19th, then...

Phlakes said:

>mfw "price drop"

Yeah, I've got a feeling that the 3DS will be $250 for a long time. And I point to the fact that Super Mario Galaxy 1 is still $40 used at GameStop. Nintendo won't drop the price until well after Christmas.

I honestly think the 3DS is worth the $250 I paid for it, but if I were you I'd at least wait until the internet browser update comes out and that's scheduled for late May.
I saw a Pokemon EMERALD at Gamestop for $35 tell me how it makes sense a USED game is more than it was new.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Not real cute, he just looks like he's half Hobbit. I prefur something more braindead-looking.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
kittii-chan 300 said:
Phlakes said:

3D papermario?...
Yep. [http://www.google.com/search?aq=2&oq=paper+mar&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=paper+mario+3ds] Still no release date, though.