Preorder Rage, Get Free "Anarchy Edition" Upgrade

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Preorder Rage, Get Free "Anarchy Edition" Upgrade

Gamers who preorder Rage [http://www.amazon.com/Rage-Pc/dp/B003ICGL7I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303145854&sr=8-3] will get a free upgrade to the "Anarchy Edition" of the game with four unique downloadable items including weapons, armor and a sexy wasteland racing machine.

Preorder bonuses are all the rage and Rage is no exception. This one's a bit nicer than most, though, because it's not retailer-exclusive; you can plunk down your advance bucks just about anywhere and you'll automatically be upgraded to the Anarchy Edition at no extra cost.

And what exactly is the Anarchy Edition? First up is a very Road-Warrior [http://www.amazon.com/Road-Warrior-Blu-ray-Mel-Gibson/dp/B000OCZD5G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303145954&sr=8-2]-esque double-barrel shotgun, the sort of rough-looking hand cannon that no grizzled warrior of the wasteland should be without, even if he doesn't actually have any shells for it. Next is the Crimson Elite Armor, sort of a blood-hued cross between the Lord Humungous and the Kurgan, and the Fists of Rage, a set of spiked brass knuckles. Last but certainly not least is the Rat Rod Buggy, a mean-looking machine with a blower, an awesome paint job and probably a few other surprises too.

The Anarchy Edition upgrade is available to customers in North America who preorder Rage from GameStop, Amazon.com, Steam and Direct2Drive. Information for European customers will be released soon, but it's not like there's any great hurry. Rage doesn't come out until September 13 [September 16 in Europe] for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Well, been waiting for this game for about 4 years now, and the $60 PC price tag was a bit of a depressing discovery, but now I can get it on D2D and just wait for a 20% off code to preorder it. :D

And I'm glad this isn't another of those retailer exclusive ones. Best Buy fucked me over with New Vegas, and I'd rather have the Doom pack for Brink, but pay $50 + tax at Gamestop vs the $37 I paid at D2D... well... I can go without the Doom pack.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
DragonLord Seth said:
I wonder how well it'll do. I mean, original IPs don't do very well that often.
then again, this is ID we're talking about

they're the only ones who can make a series of games which are completely unrelated to one another, just kept by the name

and still forge a whole genre out of that

(seriously, have you noticed that they never actually made a sequel to Quake?)

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
gunner1905 said:
Looks promising but no dedicated server still no sale for me on rage
So far it looks like the only multiplayer it'll have is a 2 person coop. Dedi servers aren't that necessary then. If it does have a bigger MP compnent than that with DM and whatnot... hell, this is id we talk about, it's almost half expected to be a classicla MP compnent. But you never know. Anyone care to enlighten me in case I have missed something?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
What you mean that we don't have to preorder from gameslop for the car, from best buy for the shotgun, or from walmart for the outfit?
And there's no separate set of exclusive gameplay content for people only getting the OnLive version?

It's like going back 3 years ago.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Buy Modern Warfare 2 and get FREE RAGE. Unlocked merely by a couple hours online playtime.