Punch a Pizza in the Face With Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Punch a Pizza in the Face With Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge

Wait, do pizzas even have faces?

While videogames have been accused of encouraging sedentary, unhealthy behavior, other games have tried to get gamers moving - and games have been part of some exercise regimens ever since the days of DDR. The newest DLC for Kinect Sports, however, makes its weight-loss goals quite explicit.

Calorie Challenge is a new mode for Kinect where players will face off against anthropomorphic food (or people dressed as food) in a series of events designed to burn as many calories as a serving of said food typically contains. Going head-to-head with Chocolate Challenger will require a 416-calorie workout, for example, whereas Peppy Pizza is a bit lighter at 306 calories. Steady Celery, meanwhile, clocks in at a meager 25 calories - that should be easy.

There are six Calorie Rivals in all:

[blockquote]Blazing Banana (92 calories)
Chocolate Challenger (416 calories)
Mighty Milk (198 calories)
Peppy Pizza (302 calories)
Steady Celery (25 calories)
Supersonic Soda (133 calories)[/blockquote]

This actually sounds like a rather intriguing idea, to be honest, and more games that could help young kids get off the couch and move around are welcome in my book. (Or they could just go outside).

Calorie Challenge is out on Xbox Live for 320 MS points ($4) at the end of April.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
"(Or they could just go outside)"
Pretty much this right here is key. Parents buy games to get their children to be more active seems back assward to me.

HankMan said:
I hope you can stomach the competition!
*rimshot*

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
HankMan said:
I hope you can stomach the competition!
LOL love it.

you know what im all for this game. if it can lead to a scenario when playground kids can tell you without pause what the calorie count of your sandwich is then mock you becuase theirs is 50 calories lower GREAT!! TERRIFIC!!

god speed to this game :-D