Teacher Cancels Class Because of Portal 2 Launch

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Teacher Cancels Class Because of Portal 2 Launch

So many students called in "sick" to school today that a teacher was forced to cancel class thanks to Portal.

Don't lie - you've called in sick to school (or to work) because a game came out that you really wanted to play, haven't you? Whether you've come down with Halotosis, Diabluenza or Falloutitis, it's always the same: "Hey boss, I'm - cough - really sick, I - hack - won't be in today. I'll see you tomorrow."

But little do we know that our teachers (or employers) are usually on to our games. Case in point the text you see here to the right: When enough students just happened to call in sick to this teacher's class that just happened to fall on the release date of the highly-anticipated Portal 2, he (she?) was able to put two and two together.

The bad news is that said teacher knows that people were calling in sick for Portal 2. The good news is that the teacher decided to cancel class because of it, presumably so that he could go play Portal 2. The average news is that there's a makeup lecture to compensate for missing this class period, but hey, at least it doesn't fall on the release of Portal 2.

(G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711957/teacher-cancels-class-due-to-portal-2-related-illness-nugget-from-the-net/])

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
Anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in the first line? I hope this wasn't an English class.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I've never called in sick, ever, but I have booked the day off of work before, I always make sure to save some in case I decide to actually have a proper holiday as well though.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Haha, i'm not going to school tomorrow (delivery company messed things up and my preorder will arrive tomorrow...) exactly because of Portal 2:D

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
HankMan said:
That's nice she let them stay home
For Science.
Gah! I was going to say this!
How'd this start anyway?

OT: Where are they? They have an unusually high concentration of Portal fans..

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
Tulks said:
Anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in the first line? I hope this wasn't an English class.
Well, it was sent at 1 in the morning
That's an excuse, I guess

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I like how he just came out and said what his students were really doing.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i've not called in sick for a game. i only call in sick when i am actually sick. had 1 sick day in about 16 months.

for the teacher, he made the wise choice. no point in doing the class if most of the students won't attend. he may secretly have hoped that would happen so he could get it

PettingZOOPONY

Dec 2, 2007
Bet the teacher got no kids calling in sick, he just got done with a 58 hour killing floor session and just saw his portal 2 files unlock.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Okay, while I don't really approve of faking being sick to play a game (even Portal 2), this is pretty funny.

Captcha: kx1A1 oricarea. ... wat?

ETA: Also, who else read this as 'Teacher cancels class because of Portal 2 lunch?'

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
if he knows why everyone is calling in sick...then detention their asses! dont give them a freebie, that the worst thing to do! send a message saying you know why they called in sick, and that you will unleash your freaking wrath if they dont come to class!

now the little shits know they can get away with it. way to go.