Rumor: Hulu Plus for the Xbox Coming April 29

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Rumor: Hulu Plus for the Xbox Coming April 29

After months of rumor and conjecture, we might finally be getting Hulu on the Xbox 360.

If the rumors are true and not just compelling fakes, you could be sitting down to some quality Hulu programming come April 29, streamed straight to your Xbox.

And it's getting difficult to discount the rumors. A video [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/26/rumor-hulu-plus-available-on-xbox-april-29/] given to Joystiq by an anonymous tipster has now also offered that date as the release date.

Granted, they could both be elaborate fakes, but considering we've been hearing rumors about Hulu on the Xbox since June [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101072-Rumor-Hulu-Coming-to-the-360], it isn't hard to argue for their authenticity.

The leaked video shows that the Hulu Plus interface is building off of the tried-and-true Netflix menu, and that it also takes after Netflix in terms of long loading and buffering times. Of course, unlike Netflix, Hulu Plus will feature commercials, a sticking point amongst users who will already have to pay for the Hulu Plus service. There's no word yet on if it will work for users outside of the US, but one can always hope.

And if the evidence isn't fake, then Microsoft will also be promoting the release of Hulu Plus for Xbox with a contest running from the release to May 30, offering free Xbox bundles, vacations, and Hulu Plus subscriptions to randomly chosen Hulu Plus users.

Between Netflix, Zune Marketplace, and now Hulu streaming TV and movies to my console at the push of a button, I have to say cable is looking awfully redundant right now.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/27/hulu-plus-for-xbox-360-caught-on-video/]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Ye, all nice and dandy...but are we getting it over here aswell? You know..outside the US. Europe maybe?

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
HankMan said:
But will Hulu work on models sold outside the US?
Almost certainly not, the same way that Netflix didn't until separate agreements were negotiated in the other countries and the way that LastFM still isn't. Frankly, I'm not very hopeful that I'll ever see Hulu here in Canada.

-- Steve

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Hulu Plus, eh? So I have to pay to get streaming content on Xbox, that is less-than-top-quality, with ads?

May I ask, who the hell do they think they are? And more importantly, why should I spend money on a service I can get for free, via various ways (legitimate and not)?

I like my NetFlix, and the insta-que thing is nice, if a bit laggy sometimes. But the fact that its commercial free, and piss cheap, is worth it. If Im paying for a premium service, dont add ad's into the mix. An insult.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Anton P. Nym said:
HankMan said:
But will Hulu work on models sold outside the US?
Almost certainly not, the same way that Netflix didn't until separate agreements were negotiated in the other countries and the way that LastFM still isn't. Frankly, I'm not very hopeful that I'll ever see Hulu here in Canada.

-- Steve
And if we ever do, the selection will be crap compared to the American version...I'm talking about you Netflix!

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
And a big fuck you to Canada!

Looks like only the States will be able to cancel their cable services.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I guess I don't get Hulu plus?

It has less availability than Netflix, but costs more. Sure, that might change, but that doesn't really help me now.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, there are adverts for Hulu Plus as an upcoming feature on Xbox.com. .. somewhere. I saw it and didn't pay too much mind because I didn't realize it was still in the rumor stage. I was finally the first one to know something!

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
USA only of course.... I may have universal health care, but no Hulu....shit. what to do?? LOL

uto

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Yeah for all you Americans -__- The rest of the civilised world however, has to look on with envy whilst priming the nukes.