Wizards Blow Stuff Up in Amazing Harry Potter 7 (Part 2) Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Wizards Blow Stuff Up in Amazing Harry Potter 7 (Part 2) Trailer

Warner Bros. first theatrical trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows probably shouldn't be this epic, but it really, really is.

watch the trailer [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome] for 2001's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone, depending on your location), and then watch the trailer you see here to the right.

A bit of a tonal change, isn't it?

Either way, this is Warner Bros. first major theatrical trailer for the finale to the incredibly popular Harry Potter film series based on the incredibly popular Harry Potter book series. The first part of Deathly Hallows was actually rather good [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/2465-Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-1], and one can hope that the second half will live up to the impossibly high expectations set by the first.

Whether it ultimately does or does not is irrelevant at the moment, however: It doesn't make this trailer any less stupendous. Warner Bros. knows that this is the grand finale to one of its biggest series of all time, and it's damn certain to be treating it like exactly that.

That said, I can see at least one moment that I'm fairly sure wasn't in the books, and one moment in the trailer that is actually a tremendous spoiler for all fourteen people on the planet who have never read the books. Not that that's a bad thing - if slavish devotion to JK Rowling's novel makes for a worse film, than reasonable liberties should absolutely be taken.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 is out July 15th. What a crazy ride it's been. I just hope they cut out that stupid epilogue.

(Nerdist [http://www.nerdist.com/2011/04/heres-a-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-trailer/])

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Thus it finally ends and I have yet to watch the other 6. Trailer is pretty fantastic though.

r0kle0nZ

Apr 2, 2011
Sad to see it go, however if they some how eff this up. I'd be sad, yeah, that's about it

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Holy crap. That is an awesome trailer.
I haven't been excited for a Harry Potter movie in years, I saw the first one in theaters and upon reflection it's actually kind of a big thing for the series to be ending.
It looks like one hell of an ending too.

Sep 17, 2009
I don't think there has ever been a film series to produce as many quality films as Harry Potter. 7 films each with good to great critical acclaim and each entertaining in their own right.

Well done HP, well done.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
ah Harry Potter, the Naruto of the literature world, and I mean that with as much disrespect as I can muster. Or is it the 'Gundam Seed Destiny' cause at the beginning it kinda looked good and then OH MY ME did it turn to shit

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!OhBoy!

Can you believe that the Bond series will be filming its 24th this November and it has not made as much as Harry Potter?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
So far...the epilogue is still there. End of an era this is. Some of the films were decent, some were effed up. Hope this is in the decent category.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It'll be sad to see it go. I hate that feeling where you want to see the conclusion but you don't want it to end...

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Okay, well this looks pretty coo-

"Complete the journey... in 3D!"

...oh well, back to the drawing board.

you don't have to watch it in 3D

Some people, swear to god.

8SPOILERS* Harry should have died, like all GOOD English fictional characters

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I think I just fell over in amazement at this.
Fuck NOW im excited for this.

Hang on, when the fuck ever did Harry jump off a cliff with Voldemort ?!!?

Ima be sad to see this end.
Lets see what JK Rowling does next.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Eight movies. Eight movies, and I still cannot figure out why the f*** Voldemort doesn't have a nose! :p

Still, I really hope this will be good and I can't wait.

I also love the fact that there will be more movies than there were books.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
o_O

And I thought I was hyped already.

War Penguin said:
Eight movies. Eight movies, and I still cannot figure out why the f*** Voldemort doesn't have a nose! :p
Because he has snake nostrils.

AbstractStream said:
So far...the epilogue is still there.
Thank god. If I'm gonna be in the 40% of people who actually liked the epilogue, it's nice to see my devotion rewarded.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
War Penguin said:
Yes, those are nostrils, but I'm asking for a nose. Did they ever explain why he has nostrils but no nose?

[sub]I'm not denying they did, but I don't remember if or where they said that.[/sub]

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
War Penguin said:
NeutralDrow said:
War Penguin said:
Yes, those are nostrils, but I'm asking for a nose. Did they ever explain why he has nostrils but no nose?

[sub]I'm not denying they did, but I don't remember if or where they said that.[/sub]
Not that I'm aware of. They just point out that he has slits, instead (it's in the books, too).

Presumably, they assumed that the man who lives and breathes snake imagery doesn't really need an explanation for why he would want to look snakelike.